Why Should You Move to Cebu, Philippines?
Hey Friends! The Cost Of Living In Cebu, Philippines, makes it possible to Live For Around $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500).
In this article, we’ll go deep with all the tables of expenses, videos, and more of what you’ll need to consider when living in Cebu.
We will provide the monthly cost of living estimates for different areas of Cebu Philippines, like Ayala center and Central Business Park, and how to live in Cebu Philippines on a budget! After reading this article, you will be ready to move to Cebu, plan your trip, and save a ton of money!
If you’re considering a move to Cebu, Philippines, here are 9 reasons why you should make the leap:
- The cost of living is affordable. Housing, food, and transportation costs are significantly lower in Cebu compared to other major cities. This means you can live comfortably on a budget of $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500) per month.
- The affordable cost of living In Cebu, Philippines, With a monthly income from $1000 to $2300, it is possible to live for even as low as $600, which we will discuss later in this article. Still, we don’t recommend that because it is stressful. The monthly food budget, housing expenses, and transportation options in Cebu, Philippines, are determined by your budget and spending habits, depending on how much you spend.
- Cebu, located in the central Visayas region of the Philippines, is a vibrant and beautiful city with a rich history and culture. Here are five reasons why you should consider moving to Cebu.
- Affordable cost of living. Cebu has a lower cost of living compared to other major cities in the Philippines, making it an attractive option for those looking to stretch their budget. Housing and utilities are exceptionally affordable, and the city has many options to suit every budget.
- Beautiful beaches and natural attractions. Cebu is home to several beautiful beaches, including the world-famous white sand beaches of Mactan Island. The island is a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkeling and is home to some of the best dive sites in the country. In addition to its beaches, Cebu also offers a range of other natural attractions, including mountains and waterfalls.
- Vibrant culture and delicious cuisine. Cebu has a rich and diverse culture, mixing Chinese, Spanish, and native Filipino influences. The city is known for its delicious cuisine, which combines these different influences to create unique and flavorful dishes. Some popular dishes in Cebu include Lechon, a roasted suckling pig, and sinigang, a sour soup made with tamarind and various types of meat or seafood.
- Cebu is a central hub for business and tourism in the Philippines, and the city’s economy is strong and growing.
- Friendly and welcoming locals. Cebu is known for its friendly and welcoming locals, who are always happy to help and make newcomers feel at home. This makes it an ideal destination for those looking to relocate and start a new life in a new place.
- In short, Cebu offers a combination of affordability, natural beauty, vibrant culture, and friendly locals. If you’re considering a move to the Philippines, Cebu should be on your list of potential destinations.
Table Of Contents:
Cost Of Living in Cebu Philippines Quick Facts:
Here are some quick facts about the cost of living in Cebu:
- Here’s a breakdown of some key expenses: Total Monthly Living Costs in Cebu, Philippines, Is $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500). For all expenses, and if you budget smartly, you can expect to spend $1000 to $1400 per month for all expenses.
- Cebu, Philippines, is 7.5 times cheaper than New York City, United States.
- Cebu, Philippines, has incredible countryside, jungles, insane limestone Mountains, Surfing, beaches, canyoneering, and more. You can find anything and unique things to do in Cebu, Philippines.
- With a monthly income of less than $1400 is possible to live well, and sometimes even as low as $620 per month if you are on a tight, extreme budget, which we will discuss later in this article. The monthly rent in Cebu Philippines, food budget, housing expenses, and transportation options in Cebu Philippines are determined by your budget.
- You would need around 2,000$ (110,750.00 PHP) in Cebu, Philippines, to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 9,700.00$ in New York City, NY.
- On average, the cost of living in Cebu, Philippines, is 83% lower than in the United States.
- On average, Rent In Cebu, Philippines, is 83% less than in New York City, New York.
- The costs range from $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500) + per month, depending on your budget.
- A budget food and grocery plan in Cebu will cost you around $230 to $400 per month, although this will vary depending on your location and budget.
- A family of four estimated monthly costs in Cebu is $2200.
- A single person estimated monthly costs in Cebu are $800 to $1500.
- Transportation costs in Cebu expect to spend an estimated $100 to $200 each month on transportation.
- The average monthly cost of living in Cebu, Philippines, is $400 For the Local Natives. Expats and Digital Nomads will spend more to keep up with their living standards of around $1000 to $1500 per month while Living in Cebu, Philippines.
- Cebu, located in the central Visayas region of the Philippines, is a popular destination for locals and tourists. The city has a lower cost of living compared to other major cities in the Philippines, making it an attractive option for those looking to stretch their budget. Here is a breakdown of some typical expenses in Cebu:
- Housing: The cost of housing in Cebu is relatively affordable, with a wide range of options available to suit every budget. A one-bedroom apartment in the city center can cost around PHP 15,000 ($270) per month, while a three-bedroom apartment in a more upscale area can cost around PHP 25,000 ($450) per month.
- Utilities: The average cost of utilities in Cebu, including electricity, gas, and water, is around PHP 2,500 ($50) per month for a two-bedroom apartment. This is lower than the average cost of utilities in other major cities in the Philippines.
- Food: The cost of food in Cebu is relatively low, with a wide range of options available to suit every budget. A meal at a local restaurant can cost around PHP 50-150 ($1 – $3) per person, while a dinner at a high-end restaurant can cost around PHP 500 ($10) per person.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation in Cebu is relatively low, with a well-developed public transportation system. A one-way ticket on a bus or jeepney can cost around PHP 10 ($0.20), while a trip on a tricycle can cost around PHP 20 ($0.40). The cost of fuel is also lower in Cebu compared to other major cities in the Philippines.
- Overall, the cost of living in Cebu is relatively affordable, with a wide range of housing options, affordable utilities and food, and a well-developed transportation system. This makes it an attractive destination for those looking to live on a budget without sacrificing their quality of life.
Our Personal Costs of Living in Cebu Philippines: Table of expenses Breakdown 2023
This Is a table of expenses of what we spent living as digital nomads every month in Cebu, Philippines. Sometimes, we spent less or more.
Our Average Monthly Costs In Cebu, Philippines, went as follows:
- The cost of Rent and accommodation in Cebu, Philippines, $340 a month for a studio apartment condo near the local food markets and gyms, saved us even more on food and transportation.
- Food and Groceries Cost in Cebu, Philippines was $230 – $400 per month. We always ate the local food and street food and did weekly grocery shopping at the local supermarkets to save money.
- Monthly Utilities in Cebu, Philippines, were around $110 a month for combined electricity, water, wifi, and phone data.
- Gym: We trained at an MMA, Muay Thai, and jiu-jitsu gym and worked out at a local weightlifting gym. Altogether the cost was $100 per month.
- The cost of Transportation was around $100 to $200 per month between renting a scooter and grab.
- Activities and things to do in Cebu, Philippines, were around $100 to $150 per month.
- The total Monthly cost of living in Cebu, Philippines cost us $1020 to $1,450 per month (PHP 56,100 – PHP 79,750)
Here is a table of Expenses for what we personally spent in Cebu Philippines:
|Our Personal Average Monthly Expenses In Cebu Philippines||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|Our Rent and Accommodation in Cebu Per Month||$340||PHP 18,700|
|Our monthly Utilities in Cebu such as water, electricity, Wifi, Mobile phone||$110||PHP 6,050|
|Our Monthly Gym and MMA, Jiu Jitsu, and Muay Thai expenses in Cebu||$100||PHP 5,500|
|Our Monthly Cost of Food and Groceries expenses In Cebu||$230 – $400||PHP 12,650 – PHP 22,000|
|Our Monthly Transportation Costs in Cebu||$100- $200||PHP 5,500 – PHP 11,000|
|Our Monthly Activities and Things to do in Cebu expenses||$100 – $150||PHP 5,500 – PHP 8,250|
|Monthly Health Insurance (SafetyWing, World Nomads) In Cebu||$40 – $150||PHP 2,200 – PHP 8,250|
|Our personal Cost of Living In Cebu Philippines Per Month Total Expenses||$1020 to $1,450||PHP 56,100 – PHP 79,750|
Estimated Monthly Cost of Living in Cebu Philippines Summary Cost Of Rent, Groceries, Transportation, Healthcare: $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500)
You can live in Cebu, Philippines, for around $620 a month for all expenses on a tight budget or $2300 a month if you want to live a lot more luxurious. $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500)
Regardless, you can still maintain a low monthly budget and enjoy all the beautiful things Cebu, Philippines, offers.
- Housing is among the most significant expenses for expats and digital nomads living in Cebu. Rent prices in the city can vary depending on the location, like Central Business park, Cebu IT park, and the type of property. Still, expats can expect to pay less for housing in Cebu than they would in many other major cities worldwide.
- For example, a one-bedroom apartment in a central location can cost around 20,000 to 30,000 Philippine pesos (PHP) per month. In contrast, a three-bedroom apartment in a more suburban area may cost approximately 35,000 to 50,000 PHP per month.
- Food is another significant expense for expats and digital nomads living in Cebu. You can expect to spend between $230 to $700 per month. Cebu city is known for its diverse cuisine, with a wide range of restaurants and street food vendors offering everything from traditional Filipino dishes to international cuisine.
- Prices for food in Cebu can vary depending on the type of restaurant and the location, but expats can expect to pay less for food in Cebu than they would in many other major cities. For example, a meal at a local restaurant may cost 50 to 500 PHP, and mid-range restaurant in Cebu can cost around 300 to 500 PHP per person, while a dinner at a more upscale restaurant may cost approximately 1,000 to 1,500 PHP or more per person.
- Transportation is another important factor to consider when budgeting for the cost of living in Cebu.
- You can rent a scooter for around $3 to $5 per day and get a grab for about 200 PHP or more, depending on the distance.
- However, traffic in Cebu can be heavy, and expats may prefer to use private transportation such as taxis or ride-sharing services like Grab, which can add to the cost of living. Still, if you rent a scooter, it will be faster than any of these.
- In terms of healthcare, the cost of medical care in Cebu is generally lower than in many other countries. The Philippines has a universal healthcare system, and expats can access public healthcare services at a low cost from Phil Health.
- Expats and Digital nomads may prefer private healthcare services, which can be more expensive but still cheaper than western countries. It is essential for expats and digital nomads living in Cebu to have a good health insurance plan to cover any medical expenses.
Overall, the cost of living in Cebu is likely lower than in many other major cities worldwide. Still, it can vary depending on factors such as location and lifestyle.
Research the different areas in Cebu before deciding to move there.
A great monthly budget for a single person living in Cebu, Philippines, is around $1,00 to $2000 a month. You can also do it for cheaper.
The costs of living in Cebu, Philippines Depending on various factors and spending habits, the price may change. Others spend $1700 or more each Month for an extravagant, next-level lifestyle. $600 monthly on a strict budget, ensuring they make it work no matter what!
- Expect to spend $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500) per Month for a single person or a family living in Cebu. $1000 per Month is sufficient to live on, but you’ll have to make sacrifices if you choose this option. Renting and food costs will be cut in half if you split the money with families, friends, and couples.
- Going to a touristy food place and spending $10 to $100+ on a simple plate of food is not a good idea and not good if you are trying to budget.
- Plus, you save money when you eat at the local Filipino markets, food trucks, or local restaurants will cost you $.50 to $5, 50 to 500 PHP for a huge meal that will provide better nutrition and save you more than a touristy food place. These are all pro tips.
- However, the costs will skyrocket in Cebu if you want to eat at tourist restaurants or beach clubs.
- Local Cebu Filipino markets, food shops, and supermarkets are the most cost-effective and knowledgeable ways to shop and eat. You’re getting the finest cuisine available and contributing to the local economy because most food and produce comes from local farms, islands, villages, and the sea. In the local markets, you’ll find everything you need.
Here is a table of expenses for a couple living in Cebu Philippines per month:
|Average Monthly Expenses In Cebu Philippines||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|Rent (Homestay, Guesthouse, studio vs Full Private 2+ Bedroom Villa) In Cebu Philippines||$150 – $1100||PHP 8250 – PHP 60500|
|Electricity (Including water) In Cebu Philippines||$50 – $150||PHP 2,750 – PHP 8,250|
|Mobile Phone (including SIM Card data) In Cebu Philippines||$20 – $50||PHP 1,100 – PHP 2,750|
|Internet (WiFi) in Cebu Philippines||$20 – $50||PHP 1,100 – PHP 2,750|
|Food (groceries, dining out, partying, nightlife) in Cebu Philippines||$200 – $500||PHP 11,000 – PHP 27,500|
|Transportation (motorbike, fuel, renting, Taxi) In Cebu Philippines||$110 – $200||PHP 6,050 – PHP 11,000|
|Healthy Activities (Gym, MMA, Yoga, Massages, etc) In Cebu Philippines||$30 – $100||PHP 1,650 – PHP 5,500|
|Health Insurance (SafetyWing, World Nomads) In Cebu Philippines||$40 – $150||PHP 2,200 – PHP 8,250|
|Cost of Living In Cebu Philippines Per Month Total Expenses||$620 – $2300||PHP 35,750 – PHP 132,000|
Cost of Living in Cebu Philippines: Table of Expenses in 2023
This table of expenses will help you plan your budget.
The Cost of living table below An extensive poll of Digital Nomads, Expats, travelers, our experience, and Numbeo users was used to put this together.
$1 USD equals 55.17 Philippine pesos as of the posting of this article. This estimate is based on a Strict Budget Vs. A luxury Budget in Cebu, Philippines, per Month! The Cost Of Living Per Month In Cebu, Philippines, is $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500) or more, depending on your spending habits!
Here is the Table of the monthly budget for two people living in Cebu Philippines:
|Cost of living in Cebu Philippines per person||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|Single person in Cebu||$620 – $1200||₱64,554.56 (PHP)|
|Couple in Cebu||$1,000 – $1,500||₱88,320 (PHP)|
|Family of four in Cebu||$1700 – $2,300 or more||₱135,424 (PHP)|
|Average Monthly Expense type In Cebu Philippines||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|Average monthly rent for a studio in Cebu||$270||PHP 15,000|
|Average monthly cost for Food and groceries in Cebu||$250||PHP 13,750|
|Average monthly cost for dining out in Cebu||$100||PHP 5,500|
|Average monthly cost for miscellaneous items in Cebu||$50||PHP 2,750|
|Average monthly cost for utilities in Cebu||$50||PHP 2,750|
|Average monthly cost for transportation in Cebu||$100||PHP 5,500|
|Total average monthly cost of living in Cebu Philippines||$820||PHP 45,100|
Cost of Rent In Cebu Philippines In-Depth Summary
Some popular areas to rent in Cebu, Philippines, include Central Business Park (CBP), Cebu IT Park, Ayala Center, and more Rents in these areas vary.
It’s also important to know that there are various types of apartments to choose from – condo units, family homes, and townhouses.
- Rent and accommodation costs in Cebu, Philippines, can vary depending on the location and type of housing. However, in general, the cost of rent in Cebu is relatively low compared to other major cities in the Philippines.
- One of the most affordable options for accommodation in Cebu is renting a room in a shared house or a regular apartment. This housing typically costs 5,000 and 10,000 Philippine pesos (PHP) per month. For a more private and comfortable living situation, renting a studio or one-bedroom apartment can cost between 10,000 and 20,000 PHP per month.
- If you want to live in a more luxurious apartment or house, you can expect to pay higher rent. For example, a two-bedroom apartment in a central location can cost between 20,000 and 30,000 PHP per month, while a large, three-bedroom house in a desirable neighborhood can cost upwards of 50,000 PHP per month.
- It’s important to note that these prices are just estimates, and the actual cost of rent will depend on factors such as the size and location of the property, as well as the amenities and services included. For example, apartments in central locations or those with access to amenities like a swimming pool or gym may cost more than those in less convenient locations.
- In addition to rent, you should also budget for utilities such as electricity, water, and internet, which can cost between 2,000 and 5,000 PHP per month. If you rent a furnished apartment, you may also have to pay for furniture and other expenses.
- Overall, the cost of rent and accommodation in Cebu is affordable, especially compared to other major cities in the Philippines. By researching and comparing different options, you can find a place that fits your budget and meets your needs.
- Expats and digital nomads moving to Cebu can also live in a gated community, offering a more secure and exclusive living environment.
- Gated communities typically have security guards, gates, and other amenities such as swimming pools, playgrounds, and fitness centers. These communities may be more expensive than other housing options, but they can provide a higher level of security and a more comfortable living environment.
- Research on Hoppler PH, Facebook Marketplace, My property ph, Rentpad, and Airbnb to find the best deals or search locally.
Renting an apartment monthly, either in person or from Airbnb, will be your best option if you’re looking for a place in Cebu, Philippines. On average, apartments in Cebu, Philippines, cost $150 to $2000 per Month on Airbnb and may be cheaper if you search locally, but you will have to pay an upfront deposit, so if you go through Airbnb, you don’t have to pay a deposit, so this is why I choose Airbnb.
Renting a home with two or more rooms will cost you around $400 per Month if you’re looking for something more spacious and want to live on the Island without spending too much.
- You’ll have to choose between renting a studio, flat, or villa and sharing the rent in Cebu.
- To save money in Cebu, you should eat food locally and look for an apartment in the surrounding areas close to local markets and restaurants. This is a fantastic tip that I use all the time.
- Digital Nomads in Cebu Philippines, Digital Nomads in Cebu Philippines, and Expats in Cebu Philippines are just a few of the Facebook groups available. For you, Facebook groups are a fantastic resource! It might be an excellent place to start.
- There are lodges, Homestays, Airbnb, Guesthouses, and Bed and breakfasts In Cebu, Philippines, for affordable rates. Never fall for the nightly hotel option and expensive touristic locations.
Monthly Rent in Cebu Philippines: Table of Expenses in 2023
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of rent and Accommodation in Cebu Philippines per month:
|Cost of Rent in Cebu Philippines||$USD||PHP Philippine Peso|
|Studio Apartment in Cebu||$230 – $500||13,550 PHP – 27,500 PHP|
|2+ Bedroom Apartment in Cebu||$400 – $1000||22,000 PHP – 55,000 PHP|
|Insane Luxury Apartment in Cebu||$800 – $2000 +||44,000 PHP – 116,350.00 PHP|
|Average Monthly Rent Expense in Cebu Philippines||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|Average monthly rent for a studio in Cebu Philippines||$230||PHP 13,550|
|Average monthly rent for a 1-bedroom in Cebu Philippines||$250||PHP 13,750|
|Average monthly rent for a 2-bedroom in Cebu Philippines||$400||PHP 22,000|
|Average monthly rent for a 3-bedroom in Cebu Philippines||$800||PHP $44,000|
Here is a table of estimated costs for rent and accommodation in Cebu, Philippines:
|Accommodation Type in Cebu||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|1 bedroom apartment in city center in Cebu||$270 – $300||PHP 15,000 – 20,000 per month|
|1 bedroom apartment outside city center in Cebu||$181 – $272||PHP 10,000 – 15,000 per month|
|Studio apartment in city center in Cebu||$218 – $272||PHP 12,000 – 15,000 per month|
|Studio apartment outside city center in Cebu||$145 – $181||PHP 8,000 – 10,000 per month|
|Shared room in city center in Cebu||$90 – $109||PHP 5,000 – 6,000 per month|
|Shared room outside city center in Cebu||$72 – $90||PHP 4,000 – 5,000 per month|
|Hotel room (3-star)||$35 – $55||PHP 2,000 – 3,000 per night|
|Hotel room (5-star)||$85 – $127||PHP 5,000 – 7,000 per night|
Best Flights To Cebu Philippines Tips
Cebu, Philippines, is a great city to visit. It’s also a great place to live on a budget. If you’re looking to relocate to Cebu, Philippines, here are some tips for flying to Cebu.
Did you know you can fly one way to Cebu Mactan-Cebu International Airport (CEB) affordably? This is How:
- If you Have Travel Credit Card Miles and frequent Flyer miles, you can fly to Cebu, Philippines, For almost free!
- Check for the cheapest flights on Google Flights!
- Try searching for low-cost airlines or fly during off-peak times or off-season. If you’re determined to visit Cebu, Philippines, book your flight as far as advance!
|Flights To Cebu Philippines (Cebu-main city capital)||USD $|
|New York to Cebu (CEB) Philippines||$510|
|Los Angeles to Cebu (CEB) Philippines||$570|
|London to Cebu (CEB) Philippines||$400|
|Bangkok to Cebu (CEB) Philippines||$135|
Cost Of Transportation In Cebu Philippines Summary and Table of expenses
The average cost a traveler spends a day on transportation while in Cebu, Philippines is $1 to $5 a day USD.
The good news is that a ton of options are available to you in Cebu to reduce the cost of transportation. One option is to use public transportation or rent your scooter. This is a great way to save money as you don’t have to pay for tolls or parking.
Here are 8 different methods of public transport you can do in Cebu, Philippines:
- P2P Buses (Uber express & Genesis Transport)
- coupon taxis
- airport metered taxis
- Local Sleeper train
- Grab taxi
- Rent your scooter
- Local Motorcycle Taxi
Here is a detailed table of estimated costs for public transportation in Cebu, Philippines:
|Transportation Method in Cebu||Estimated Cost|
|Rent a scooter||5,500 PHP per month|
|Bus||PHP 8 – 15 per trip|
|Jeepney||PHP 8 – 15 per trip|
|Ferry||PHP 15 – 30 per trip|
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Public Transportation in Cebu Philippines per month:
|Method of Transportation||Per fare(USD)||Per Fare- Philippine peso (Php)|
|Regular Taxis||$0.68||40 pesos|
|Airport metered taxis||$1.65+$0.20 every 300 meters||70 pesos + 4 pesos every 300 meters|
|Coupon Taxis (no taxi meter)||Flat rate depending on destination||Flat rate|
|Pedicab (2 passengers)||$0.17-$1.00||10-30 pesos|
|Trike||$0.17(to start)-$0.68||7.50-40 pesos|
|Cebu Buses||$0.20 and $1||12-59 pesos|
|Point-to-point (P2P) buses||US$1.50 to US$3.50||300 PHP|
Here is an example table of expenses for the average monthly transportation costs in Cebu Philippines:
|Monthly Cost Of Gas and Petrol For Scooter in Cebu Philippines||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|Average monthly cost for gasoline, Petrol for scooter||$18||PHP 1,000|
For taxis, you’re looking at a fixed start fee of 40 pesos and an additional 2.5 pesos($1.00 USD) for every 300 meters after that. Tipping is up to you!
- You can also get cabs through the Grab Taxi app on your phone.
- You may wonder how the coupon taxis work and how the rate is determined.
- It’s as simple as this: the dispatcher in the area will give you a rate depending on your final destination, and you will be given a coupon which you will hand to your driver after you pay your fee.
- Best for large families and foreigners to the country because you can request large van taxis if you have a lot of luggage to carry.
- For trikes (also known as tricycles), the drivers can drive pretty wild so keep that in mind before deciding to go on here.
- Based on the information in the table above, Cebu’s buses, jeepneys, and railway systems are your best means of traveling for cheap.
- Regarding the trains, remember to avoid rush hour, which is from 7-9 am and 5-9 pm on weekdays.
- The buses are a comfortable ride whether you get an airconditioned or non air-conditioned bus but be prepared to hit a lot of traffic on the way to your destination.
- Additionally, renting a scooter can be a good option if you visit multiple places in Cebu, Philippines. Still, you must be 18 years or older and have a valid international driver’s license.
- Ultimately we recommend that you rent a scooter. This will give you the best experience, and you can explore Cebu, Philippines, the best this way.
Food In Cebu Philippines Explained: Table Of Expenses
The average cost of food per day in Cebu, Philippines, is about $5 to $10 per day or $200 to $500 per month. Lunch and dinner tend to be more expensive than breakfast, so if you’re eating out, expect to spend around $4.21 (240 pesos) if you decide to dine out.
Another great option is to shop at the local markets for affordable fresh food and cook meals at home.
But if you eat at local food stalls around your area, you’re looking to spend only around $250 on food per Month.
- Cebu, located in the central part of the Philippines, is known for its delicious and diverse cuisine. One of the most popular dishes in Cebu is lechón, a roasted pig marinated in a mixture of herbs and spices. Lechón is often served at special occasions and celebrations and is a must-try for anyone visiting Cebu.
- Another popular dish in Cebu is kinilaw, a type of ceviche made with fresh raw fish marinated in vinegar, garlic, and other spices. This dish is often served as an appetizer and is a great way to start off a meal in Cebu.
- Cebu has several delicious desserts for those with a sweet tooth. One of the most popular is tuslob-buwa, which is a street food made by simmering a pig’s brain in a mixture of onions, garlic, and other spices. The resulting dish has a unique texture and flavor that will delight anyone who tries it.
- Cebu is also known for its seafood, which is fresh and abundant due to its location near the ocean. Some popular seafood dishes in Cebu include kinilaw na tuna (raw tuna marinated in vinegar and spices), grilled tuna belly, and prawns cooked in coconut milk.
- Overall, the food in Cebu is delicious and diverse, and there are many dishes to try during a visit to this beautiful region of the Philippines. Whether you’re looking for something savory or sweet, Cebu has something to offer everyone.
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Food in Cebu Philippines per month:
|Average Monthly Food Costs in Cebu Philippines||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|Local Food Markets, Street food and Local Supermarkets and cheaper dining options Per month (Budget Food Costs) in Cebu Philippines||$230 – $500||PHP 12650 – PHP 27500|
|Eating out at Mid range restaurants and expensive restaurants per month (No Budget) In Cebu Philippines||$600 – $1000 +||PHP 33,200 – PHP 55,000|
Here is an example table of expenses for the average monthly food and grocery costs in Cebu Philippines:
|Monthly Food Expenses in Cebu Philippines||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|Average monthly cost for groceries In Cebu Philippines||$200||PHP 11,000|
|Average monthly cost for dining out In Cebu Philippines||$36||PHP 1,980|
|Average monthly cost for miscellaneous food items In Cebu Philippines||$20||PHP 1,100|
|Total average monthly cost for food In Cebu Philippines||$256||PHP 14,080|
Here is a table of estimated costs for food in the supermarkets in Cebu, Philippines:
|Food Items in Cebu Supermarket||Estimated Cost|
|Milk (1 liter)||PHP 60 – 80|
|Bread (500g loaf)||PHP 40 – 60|
|Rice (1kg)||PHP 40 – 45|
|Chicken (1kg)||PHP 115 – 150|
|Apples (1kg)||PHP 70 – 100|
|Oranges (1kg)||PHP 60 – 60|
|Eggs (1 dozen)||PHP 50 – 80|
|Cheese (1kg)||PHP 240 – 300|
|Beef (1kg)||PHP 210 – 250|
|Potatoes (1kg)||PHP 30 – 50|
|Tomatoes (1kg)||PHP 55 – 60|
|Onion (1kg)||PHP 45 – 50|
|Water (1.5 liter bottle)||PHP 10 – 20|
|Soft drink (1.5 liter bottle)||PHP 35 – 40|
|Beer (330ml bottle)||PHP 50 – 60|
|Wine (mid-range bottle)||PHP 400 – 500|
|Fast food meal||PHP 150 – 200|
|Restaurant meal (mid-range)||PHP 250 – 300|
|Local Cebu Philippines Food||Estimated Cost|
|Adobo (chicken or pork stew)||PHP 140 – 200|
|Sinigang (sour soup)||PHP 140 – 200|
|Kare-kare (oxtail and vegetables stew)||PHP 210 – 250|
|Lechon (roasted pig)||PHP 360 – 400 per kilogram|
|Sisig (chopped pork and chicken liver)||PHP 160 – 200|
|Sizzling pork sisig||PHP 210 – 250|
|Chicken inasal (grilled chicken)||PHP 160 – 200|
|Beef tapa (marinated beef)||PHP 210 – 250|
|Pancit (noodles)||PHP 160 – 200|
|Halo-halo (shaved ice dessert)||PHP 110 – 150|
|Turon (banana and jackfruit spring roll)||PHP 55 – 60|
|Leche flan (custard dessert)||PHP 110 – 150|
|Buko pie (coconut pie)||PHP 160 – 200|
Cost of Utilities in Cebu Philippines: Table of Expenses:
The cost of utilities in Cebu, Philippines, can vary depending on individual usage and consumption. However, the city’s utilities are considered relatively affordable compared to other major cities in Asia.
- One of the essential utilities in Cebu is electricity, provided by the Cebu Electric Cooperative (CEBECO).
- The cost of electricity from CEBECO will vary depending on the amount of electricity used. Still, as a general guide, a household using 200 kWh per month can expect to pay around 1,200 PHP (approximately 25 USD) per month for electricity.
- This amount may be higher or lower depending on several factors, including the size of the residence or business, the time of year, and the type of meter installed.
- For example, households with an electric meter that records electricity usage on an hourly basis may be charged a higher rate for electricity used during peak hours (generally from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm) than for electricity used during off-peak hours (generally from 10:00 pm to 6:00am).
- Another essential utility in Cebu is water provided by the Metro Cebu Water District (MCWD).
- The cost of water from MCWD will also vary depending on the amount of water used. Still, as a general guide, a household using 30 cubic meters of water per month can expect to pay around 300 PHP (approximately 6 USD) per month for water.
- This amount may be higher or lower depending on factors such as the size of the residence or business, the time of year, and the type of meter installed.
- For example, households with a water meter that records water usage on an hourly basis may be charged a higher rate for water used during peak hours (generally from 6:00am to 10:00pm) than for water used during off-peak hours (generally from 10:00pm to 6:00am).
- Cebu also offers telecommunications services, including mobile phone networks and internet access. The cost of these services will vary depending on the provider and the chosen plan.
- For example, a basic mobile phone plan with unlimited calls and texts and unlimited data per month can cost around 1000 PHP (approximately 20 USD) per month, while a basic broadband internet plan with speeds of up to 100+ Mbps can cost about 1,500 PHP (about 30 USD) per month. It is important to shop around and compare prices before choosing a provider to ensure you get the best value.
- Other utilities in Cebu include gas for cooking and heating, which is available from several suppliers and costs around 800 PHP (approximately 16 USD) per month for a household using an average amount of gas.
- There are also several television and cable providers in Cebu, with packages starting at around 500 PHP (approximately 10 USD) per month for a basic package with limited channels.
- Overall, the cost of utilities in Cebu can vary depending on several factors, such as the amount of electricity and water used, the provider chosen, and the type of plan selected.
- It is important to research and compare prices to find the best deals and ensure you are getting the best value for your money.
Overall, the cost of utilities in Cebu is relatively affordable compared to other major cities in Asia. The availability of multiple providers and plans allows residents and visitors to choose the options that best suit their needs and budgets.
Here is an example table of expenses for the average monthly utilities in Cebu Philippines:
|Monthly Utilities Costs in Cebu Philippines||USD $||Philippine Peso PHP|
|Average monthly cost for electricity in Cebu Philippines||$20||PHP 1,000|
|Average monthly cost for water in Cebu Philippines||$8||PHP 500|
|Average monthly cost for gas in Cebu Philippines||$5||PHP 300|
|Average monthly cost for internet in Cebu Philippines||$18||PHP 1,000|
|Total average monthly cost for utilities in Cebu Philippines||$56||PHP 3,000|
Here is a table of estimated costs for utilities in Cebu, Philippines:
|Cost of Utilities in Cebu Philippines||Estimated Cost|
|Electricity in Cebu||PHP 1,500 – 2,000 per month|
|Water in Cebu||PHP 150 – 200 per month|
|Gas (for cooking)||PHP 1,000 – 1,500 per month|
|Internet in Cebu||PHP 1,500 – 2,500 per month|
|Cable TV in Cebu||PHP 1,000 – 1,500 per month|
|Mobile Cell phone data and sim card (prepaid plan)||PHP 500 – 1500 per month|
Top 5 Hotels in Cebu Philippines:
Here are the Top 5 Hotels you should visit when you arrive in Cebu Philippines:
- Radisson Blu Cebu, Cebu City
- Bai Hotel Cebu
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu
- Montebello Villa Hotel
- RedDoorz at Homa Resort Hotel
And below is the latest deals on the best hotels and resorts in Cebu, Philippines!
Best 25 Things to do in Cebu Philippines
There is so many things to do in Cebu here are 25 of some of the best things to do in Cebu, Philippines:
- Visit Magellan’s Cross, which is a historical landmark that marks the spot where the Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan planted a cross to signify the arrival of Christianity in the Philippines.
- Visit the Basilica del Santo Niño, which is a beautiful church that houses the oldest religious relic in the country: a small statue of the Child Jesus.
- Visit the Magellan’s Shrine, which is a historical site that marks the spot where Ferdinand Magellan was killed in a battle with local warriors.
- Visit the Cebu Taoist Cemetery, which is the oldest and largest Chinese cemetery in the Philippines.
- Visit the Casa Gorordo Museum, which is a 19th-century house that has been converted into a museum and offers a glimpse into the lifestyle of Cebuano aristocrats during the Spanish colonial period.
- Visit the Cebu City Zoo, which is a popular attraction that features a wide range of animals, including lions, tigers, elephants, and giraffes.
- Visit Mactan Island, which is a beautiful island located just off the coast of Cebu. Mactan is known for its white sandy beaches
- Swimming – Cebu has a number of beautiful beaches that are perfect for swimming. The crystal clear waters are warm and inviting, and the white sandy beaches are the perfect place to relax and enjoy the sunshine.
- Snorkeling – Cebu is home to a rich marine ecosystem, and snorkeling is a popular activity in the area. The waters around Cebu are teeming with colorful fish, coral reefs, and other marine life, making it the perfect place to explore the underwater world.
- Scuba diving – Cebu is a popular destination for scuba diving enthusiasts, and there are many dive sites in the area that are perfect for beginners and experienced divers alike. The waters around Cebu are clear and calm, making it the perfect place to discover the beauty of the underwater world.
- Surfing – Cebu is a popular destination for surfers, and the waters around the city are known for their strong waves and good surf conditions.
- Go train MMA and jiu-jitsu.
- Bantayan island
- Virgin beach
- Paradise beach
- Carnaza island
- Malapascua island
- Camotes islands
- Oslob island
- Tumalog falls
- Aguinid falls
- Ignite falls
- Kawasan falls
- Go Whale Watching
- Travel around the islands and take Domestic flights to different areas and islands of the Philippines!
We will be making a full-length blog post on the best things to do in Cebu, Philippines, in the future. For now:
Check out Viator for the best things to do in Cebu, Philippines. They have thousands of activities, day trips, multi-day trips, and things to do for an affordable rate!
Also, below is a sample of some things to do in Cebu; you can click and check them out.
Healthcare Costs in Cebu Philippines
Medical Tourism is massive in Cebu Philippines. You can get the same care in Cebu Philippines, as you would back in the United States at 1/10th of the price back home. Many hospitals and clinics throughout Cebu Philippines provide high-quality care at reasonable prices. With many doctors that studied in the USA, UK, and Australia. I recommend researching the best hospitals for expats in Cebu Philippines.
We recommend The best travel health Insurance available by SafetyWing We always have travel insurance monthly for international trips and living abroad. It covers any health or medical procedure done.
We suggest you also have it, especially if you live as an expat and digital nomad in Cebu Philippines. We always use SafetyWing for international travel insurance and medical concerns. They start at $42 a month! It’s incredible and always reliable!
Main FAQS Section About Cebu Philippines:
What is the monthly cost of living in Cebu Philippines?
The cost of living in Cebu Philippines, on average, is around $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500) per month. This includes rent, food, transportation, and other costs like utilities and phone bills.
What is the Cost of Accommodation in Cebu Philippines?
The Cost of Accommodation in Cebu Philippines costs around $230 to $600 per month.
What is the best time of year to visit Cebu Philippines?
The best time to visit Cebu is during the dry season, which runs from November to April.
How Much does it cost to live in Cebu Philippines?
On average, living in Cebu Philippines costs around $620 – $2300 (PHP 34,100 – PHP 126,500)
What is the Cost of Utilities in Cebu Philippines?
The Utilities in Cebu Philippines Cost around $50 to $120 per month, depending on your energy consumption!
What is the Cost Of Living in Cebu Philippines Vs the USA?
The Cost Of Living in Cebu Philippines is around 83% less than living in the USA, and the average monthly Cost of living in Cebu Philippines is $620 to $1500 per month in Cebu Philippines vs $5500 to $8250 per month living in New York City, United States.
What is the Cost of Food in Cebu Philippines vs the USA?
The Cost Of Food in Cebu Philippines is 75% less than in the United States. Monthly Food Costs in Cebu Philippines is from $230 to $600 per month.
What is the Cost Of Rent in Cebu Philippines VS USA?
The Cost of Rent in Cebu Philippines is 83% less Than in the United States A 1 bedroom apartment costs $150 to $550 per month on average, and 1 bedroom Apartment in New York City, United States, Costs over $2300 per month.
What is the Cost Of Accommodation in Cebu Philippines vs the USA?
The Cost of Accommodation in Cebu Philippines is 83.2% less Than in the United States; a studio bedroom apartment costs $150 to $550 per month on average, and 1 bedroom Apartment in New York City, United States, Costs over $2360 per month.
What is the Food Expenses In Cebu?
The Food expenses in Cebu Philippines is from $230 to $600 per month. Make sure to eat the local Food to save more money!
What is the Rental Expenses In Cebu Philippines?
The monthly rent for a 1-bedroom in Cebu Philippines is from $150 to $600.
What is the Expenses for a Single Person in Cebu Philippines?
The Expenses for a Single Person in Cebu Philippines is from $620 to $1500 per month all expenses.
What is the average cost of Rent In Cebu Philippines?
The Average cost of rent in Cebu Philippines is around $180 to $600 Per Month in Cebu Philippines.
What is the average Cost of Transportation In Cebu Philippines?
The average cost of transportation in Cebu Philippines is about $3 – $5 USD per day or $120 to $200 per month.
What is the Cost of Mobile Phone SIM and Internet Data In Cebu Philippines?
The Cost of Phone Data and internet in Cebu is around $25 to $50 per month.
What is the Cost of Food in Cebu Philippines?
The Cost of Food in Cebu Philippines costs around $230 to $600 per month; try to eat at the local restaurants and street food for the best and cheapest food to stay on budget!
Is Cebu Philippines a good place to live?
Yes, Cebu Philippines is a great and safe place to Live and one of the safest cities in the world! However, take the same precautions as you would in your home country. and one of the best places to travel the Philippines from.
What is the average salary in Cebu Philippines?
The Average Monthly Salary in Cebu Philippines is 22,000 PHP equals $400 United States Dollars.
What is a good salary to live in Cebu Philippines?
A great Salary to live on in Cebu Philippines is around $2000 per month.
Cost Of Living in Cebu Philippines Conclusion
We hope that you have found this blog post helpful! We have summarized the cost of living in Cebu Philippines and provided a table of expenses, provided information on rent, accommodation, food costs, and more! We will be continually updating this blog post! Also, below are many excellent travel resources that will help you in your Journey around the world!
- Also if you want to read the full guide on The Cost Of Living In The Philippines Click Here!
- if you are curious about Manila, read the full guide on The Cost of living in Manila Philippines Click Here!
- Read the full Cost of living in Boracay Island Philippines guide Click Here!
- Curious about The Cost of Living in El Nido Palawan Philippines CLICK HERE!
- Read the Full Cost of living in Coron Palawan Philippines HERE
- Read here for the full guide on the Cost of living in Siargao Philippines Here!
- Read the Full guide on The Cost of Living in Bohol Philippines Here!
- Read the Full guide on The Cost Of living in Davao City Philippines Here!
Travel Resources and Reliable Sources For Cebu Philippines
- Travel Insurance: We always have travel insurance monthly for international trips and living abroad. We STRONGLY suggest that you also have it, just in case other digital nomads live abroad, and we always use SafetyWing for international travel insurance and medical concerns. SafetyWing is one of the few policies covering Covid-19, and they start at $42 a month! It’s incredible and always reliable! SafetyWing is perfect for Digital Nomads and long-term travelers!
- Heath and Safety: We use the travel guides on the CDC website to research recommended precautions.
- Philippines Tourism Board Government Site
- Official Philippines Tourism Board Tourist Friendly Site
If you want to keep up with our travels, go ahead and follow us on our travel page on Instagram @onelifepassport! Comment below what else you would like to know/see about our experiences traveling the world! Also, check out our YouTube Channel!
Check out our recent blog posts:
- MONTHLY Cost Of Living in Doha Qatar 2023 (QATAR Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living in Bangkok Thailand 2022 (Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living in Phuket Thailand 2023 (Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living in Thailand 2022 (BEST Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Fiji 2022 (Best Fiji Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Maldives 2022 (Best Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost of Living In Madagascar 2022 (Best Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Dubai, UAE 2022 (Dubai, UAE Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Seychelles 2022 (Seychelles Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Mauritius 2022 (Mauritius Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In the Philippines 2022 (Best Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Singapore 2022 (Singapore Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Tahiti French Polynesia 2022 (Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Moorea French Polynesia 2022
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Bora Bora, French Polynesia 2022
- 283 Best Things to Do In Bali Indonesia (Travel Guide)
- How To Get Around Bali 2022 (Best Bali Transportation Guide)
- Cost Of Living in Bali 2022 (Best Bali Indonesia Cost Guide)