Why Should You Move to Dubai?
Living in Dubai affordably is possible, and the Cost Of Living In Dubai makes it possible to Live For Around $2000 per month. We explain how in This article how we and others did it!
- Dubai is genuinely a Magical city in the United Arab Emirates that is 2 times cheaper than living in New York City, as we will explain.
- Dubai has incredible weather, fantastic scenery, many things to do, and a thriving expat culture.
- The affordable cost of living In Dubai, With a monthly income of less than $3000 is feasible to live well, and sometimes even as low as $1365 per month if you are on an extreme budget, which we will discuss later in this article. The monthly food budget, housing expenses, and transportation options are determined by your budget and spending habits, depending on how much you spend.
- This illustrious city has it all – beautiful beaches, luxury hotels and resorts, thriving nightlife, local food places, cheap markets, and tons of things to do. But with so many things to enjoy, how do you reasonably budget for a monthly cost of living in Dubai?
- From rent to food to transportation, everything is covered here. This guide provides a few useful tips on how to live cheaply in Dubai. So whether you’re planning a short stay or a long-term relocation, You have come to the right place!
- Dubai is a popular destination and attracts visitors from all over the globe because of its diverse opportunities, world-renowned lifestyle, and safe environment. It’s a good location for a family as well as couples.
This article will help you understand how much money you’ll need to live comfortably and wonderfully inexpensively by providing an overview of the Cost Of Living In Dubai. Additionally, we’ll emphasize and explain some of the advantages of living in Dubai and help you decide if it’s right for you!
We’ve been digital nomads for almost 4.5 years and have been traveling the globe since then, so we’ll share our experiences with you! Ready to begin your dream destination to live for a few months in Dubai? Let’s do it!
Table of Contents
Cost Of Living In Dubai Summary Cost Of Rent, Groceries, Transportation, Healthcare: $1360 to $5800 Per Month
The cost of living in Dubai, UAE, ranges from $1360 to $5800 per month. The cost of living in Dubai is 25% lower than in New York City, United States. With a family of four estimated monthly costs of 4,000, depending on your spending habits, it could be more or less than what is listed here.
Living in Dubai can be costly, but with effort and planning, you can reduce your monthly budget significantly. The cost of living in Dubai decreases on how well you budget your expenses.
Cost of Living in Dubai Per Month: Table of Expenses in 2023
The Cost of living table below An intensive poll of Digital Nomads, Expats, travelers, and Numbeo users was used to put this together. we also go extremely deeper below this table of expenses!
$1 USD equals 3.67 United Arab Emirates Dirham AED as of the posting of this article. This estimate is based on a Strict Budget Vs. A luxury Budget in Dubai per month! The Cost Of Living Per Month In Dubai is $1,360 – $5,880, depending on your spending habits! Here is a table of expenses for a couple living in Dubai per month:
|Average Monthly Expenses In Dubai||USD $||United Arab Emirates Dirham AED|
|Rent (Homestay, Guesthouse, studio, 2+ bedroom apartment) In Dubai||$700 – $4000||AED 2,569 – AED 14,680|
|Electricity (Including water) In Dubai||$100 – $200||AED 367 – AED 734|
|Mobile Phone (including data) In Dubai||$20 – $50||AED 70.4 – AED 183.5|
|Internet (WiFi) in Dubai||$20 – $80||AED 70.4 – AED 293.6|
|Food (groceries, dining out, partying, nightlife) in Dubai||$350 – $1000||AED 1284.5 – AED 3,670|
|Transportation (motorbike, fuel, renting, Taxi, Train, Public transport) In Dubai||$100 – $200||AED 367 – AED 734|
|Healthy Activities (Gym, MMA, Yoga, Massages, etc) In Dubai||$30 – $200||AED 2,569 – AED 734|
|Health Care Insurance (SafetyWing, World Nomads) In Dubai||$40 – $150||AED 146.8 – AED 550.5|
|Cost of Living In Dubai Per Month Total Expenses||$1,360 – $5,880||AED 4,991.2 – AED 21,579.6|
Rent In Dubai In Depth
Renting a property in Dubai can be costly, but it’s important to do your research beforehand. Various types of rentals are available, so it’s important to find the perfect one for your needs.
When budgeting, make sure to factor in utilities, monthly rent, and other expenses – these costs can add up quickly.
- Renting an apartment monthly, either from a rental agency, in person, or from Airbnb, will be the best option if you want to move to Dubai. On average, apartments in Dubai cost $700 to $4000 per month on Airbnb and maybe cheaper if you search locally, but you will have to make a deposit upfront if you don’t go through Airbnb, so it’s much simpler to rent through Airbnb monthly.
- Renting a home with two or more rooms will cost you around $1200 or more per month.
Your Biggest expense in Dubai Unless you have a Crazy spending habit, housing will be your most significant expense. A modest studio apartment estimated monthly costs $700 to $2000 per month, whereas a huge 2+ bedroom apartment costs $2000+ per month or more in Dubai.
- You’ll have to choose between renting a flat, studio, 2+ bedroom apartment, sharing the rent, or living alone.
- To save money in Dubai and eat the local food, shop at the local supermarkets, and look for an apartment in the surrounding areas close to local markets, local food stalls, and supermarkets. This is a fantastic tip.
- Digital Nomads in Dubai, Digital Nomads in Dubai, and Expats in Dubai are just a few of the Facebook groups available. For you, Facebook groups are a fantastic resource! It is an excellent place to start.
- There are lodges, Homestays, Airbnb, Guesthouses, Studios, hostels, Couchsurfing, Bed, and breakfasts In Dubai for affordable monthly rates.
Monthly Rent in Dubai: Table of Expenses in 2023
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Rent in Dubai per month:
|Average Monthly Rent In Dubai||USD $||United Arab Emirates Dirham AED|
|Studio Apartment in Dubai||$700 – $1500||AED 2,569 – AED 5,505|
|2 bedroom Apartment in Dubai||$1200 – $2,500||AED 4,404 – AED 9,175|
|3+ Bedroom Apartment in Dubai||$2000 – $5000+||AED 7,340 – AED 18,350|
Best Flights To Dubai Cost Tips
Did you know you can fly one way to Dubai affordably?
- If you Fly to Dubai One-Way From New York City for $225 to $700 per person. Incredibly cheap Airfare!
- If you Fly from Europe and Asia the costs will be from $100 to $200 per person
You Can Check On Google Flights here!
Also, if you Have Travel Credit Card Miles and frequent Flyer miles, you can fly to Dubai For almost free!
Cost Of Transportation In Dubai
Public transport may be a better option for those who don’t have a car or want to reduce their monthly expenses.
The public transportation system in Dubai consists of taxis, Bicycles, buses, water buses, a monorail system, a tram, and the Dubai metro. The Road and Transport Authority (RTA) operates the entire public transportation network In Dubai.
- The Dubai metro is incredible and considered one of the world’s most modern and cost-effective public transportation systems. It consists of two lines: the Green line with 20 stops and the Red line (28 stops between Al Rashidiya and UAE Exchange). The lines intersect at Union Square and Khalid Bin al Waleed (Bur Juman Center).
- To plan out how to travel around Dubai, we recommend downloading the official app by the RTA: the WOJHATI. This app can be downloaded for free from the Playstore or AppStore. With it, you can look up the trains time schedules and prices to plan your day and get around in Dubai.
- Dubai metro is a fully automated rail system operating on two routes (Green and red lines), providing travelers across the emirate of Dubai.
- Dubai is a good place for transportation. The cost of monthly passes, generally lower than 300 AED, is cheaper than in many other big cities. Buses can cost as little as 5 AED. The cost to lease a small car can be around 2,500 AED a month. These prices include insurance. Fuel prices are very reasonable at about 2 AED a liter. You have enough space to explore for less than 500 AED per month.
- Dubai Tram covers a distance of 10.6 Km with 11 stations, links Dubai Metro and the Palm Monorail, and runs along Al Sufouh Road and Jumeirah Beach Road, and Dubai marina, providing Travelers with the most efficient means of transportation.
- Dubai bus service network, with a large fleet of 1,520 buses, covers 90% of the urban area in the Emirate of Dubai. The network comprises 120 internal lines, including 35 lines linking to metro stations, 12 intercity lines transporting passengers to other emirates, 62 internal lines, and 8 fast lines.
For more information, click here to check the official Road and Transport Authority (RTA).
Also, Fun fact, New York City train is 270 a month, and Dubai Monthly Pass is $95
Monthly Transportation in Dubai: Table of Expenses in 2023
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Public Transportation in Dubai per month:
|Average Monthly Transportation Costs in Dubai||USD $||United Arab Emirate Dirham AED|
|Dubai Metro train Fares (1 ticket)||$1.20 – $5||AED 4 – AED 20|
|Dubai Metro Train(1 month 30 day pass)||$95||350 AED|
|Taxis (per 2 km)||$1.26||AED 5|
|Buses (1 ticket)||$1.40||AED 6|
|Buses (The monthly pass)||$82||AED 320|
HEALTHCARE COSTS IN DUBAI
Medical insurance must be included with all residents in the UAE to be able to afford a place in Dubai if your employer sponsors you to need health coverage. It’s also commonly accepted to provide you with medical insurance.
If health insurance doesn’t cover you as a family member or you’ve been granted an investor visa, you must buy it yourself with several health insurance companies in Dubai. Medical insurance premiums can vary based on the insurance. Essentials Benefits Plans are available at AED 600 for an annual plan.
While medical clinics in Dubai are free and open to all local residents, expatriates can enjoy 50 percent discounts using health cards.
The above fees are for obtaining a medical card. Health cards are issued to replace expired ones and vary according to age. If expats are looking to apply to obtain a health card, they may visit their local health agency.
The Dubai Health Authority introduced legislation requiring private healthcare availability for everyone in Dubai and overseas.
Although locals are eligible through government-sponsored schemes, expats must receive private healthcare insurance, usually purchased by employers. Dubai is a highly recognized city with an excellent health service system. You can access private hospital services for expats.
If you want an affordable Healthcare insurance plan, no matter where you we always use SafetyWing for international travel insurance and medical concerns. SafetyWing is one of the few, starting at $42 a month! It’s incredible and always reliable!
Food In Dubai Explained
Monthly Food Costs in Dubai cost $350 to $1000 per month, depending on your spending habits.
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Food in Dubai per month:
|Average Monthly Food Costs in Dubai||USD $||United Arab Emirates Dirham AED|
|Local Food Markets, Street food and Local Supermarkets Per month (Budget Food Costs)||$300 – $400||AED 1101 – 1468|
|Eating out at Mid range restaurants and expensive restaurants per month (No Budget)||$700 – $1000 +||AED 2569 – 3670|
There are a variety of affordable and high-quality restaurants in Dubai that offer cuisine from all over the world. It’s also easy to find groceries at convenience stores and grocery stores throughout Dubai.
- Try cooking at home or finding cheaper restaurants.
- If you’re looking for affordable options, look for Local food markets and street vendors. Avoid eating out at restaurants more than once per week as it will quickly add up costs.
- Save money on groceries by shopping for bulk items and freezing them for later.
- Cook at home more often and grocery shop once a week instead of daily.
- Go to the local supermarkets.
Best Things To Do In Dubai
There is so much to do in Dubai that we will make an article based on this topic in the future! But for now, Check out Viator Here! They have thousands of activities and things to do in Dubai for affordable prices!
Main FAQS Section About Dubai:
What are the monthly costs of living in Dubai?
The monthly Cost of Living In Dubai is from 1,360 – 5,880 USD and AED 4,991.2 – AED 21,579.6
How much does it cost to rent an apartment in Dubai?
The average rent for an apartment in Dubai ranges from AED 1,600, $700 per month for a modest studio, to AED 6,000, $1600 per month.
What is the cost of living in Dubai?
The cost of living in Dubai can range from a low of $2,000 a month to a high of $5,000 a month. However, the average monthly cost of living is around $3,000 a month.
What are the average monthly costs of living in Dubai?
The average monthly costs of living in Dubai can range from AED 2000 to AED 6000 or $1,360 – $5,880. The most basic accommodation will cost between 1000 and 3000 Dhs per month, while a more luxurious accommodation can cost upwards of AED 5000 or even more.
For a single person, the average monthly cost of living in Dubai will be around AED 2500. This includes rent, transportation, food, utilities (electricity, water), groceries, and entertainment.
What is the best time of year to visit Dubai?
The Best time to visit Dubai is between November and March. Are the best months to visit Dubai
What is the worst time of year to visit Dubai?
The worst time of year to visit Dubai is June through August.
What is the Currency in Dubai
The official currency is the United Arab Emirates Dirham in Dubai. It’s also called AED (Arab Emirate Dirham) in foreign currencies. One Arab-emirates dirham AED is $3.67 US, 4.88 British pounds.
Expenses of Living in Dubai
The Total Expenses to live in Dubai is from 1,360 to 5,880 per month.
The average cost of living in DUBAI for singles
For a single person, the average cost of living in Dubai is from $1,360 to $2,100 per month.
What is The average cost of living in Dubai for a family of four?
The Average cost of living in Dubai for a Family of four is $4,000 to $5,000 per month.
What salary do I need to live in Dubai?
The average monthly salary to live in Dubai is $3,600 USD to live in Dubai comfortably.
Thank you so much for Reading! Below are travel resources that will help you on your journey to Dubai, Tourist boards, etc., and more.
Travel Resources and Reliable Sources For Dubai UAE
- Travel Insurance: We always have travel insurance monthly for international trips and living abroad. We STRONGLY suggest that you also have it, just in case other digital nomads live abroad, and we always use SafetyWing for international travel insurance and medical concerns. SafetyWing is one of the few policies covering Covid-19, and they start at $42 a month! It’s incredible and always reliable! SafetyWing is perfect for Digital Nomads and long-term travelers!
- Heath and Safety: We use the travel guides on the CDC website to research recommended precautions.
- Dubai Tourism Board Government Site
- Official Dubai Tourism Board Tourist Friendly Site
If you want to keep up with our travels, go ahead and follow us on our travel page on Instagram @onelifepassport! Comment below what else you would like to know/see about our experiences traveling the world! Also, check out our YouTube Channel!
Check out our recent blog posts:
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Fiji 2022 (Best Fiji Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Maldives 2022 (Best Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost of Living In Madagascar 2022 (Best Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Seychelles 2022 (Seychelles Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Mauritius 2022 (Mauritius Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In the Philippines 2022 (Best Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Singapore 2022 (Singapore Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Tahiti French Polynesia 2022 (Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Moorea French Polynesia 2022
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Bora Bora, French Polynesia 2022
- 283 Best Things to Do In Bali Indonesia (Travel Guide)
- How To Get Around Bali 2022 (Best Bali Transportation Guide)
- Cost Of Living in Bali 2022 (Best Bali Indonesia Cost Guide)