Why Should You Move to Guam?
Hey Friends! The Cost Of Living In Guam makes it possible to Live For Around $1770 – $6900 Per Month. From The Strictest budget possible vs a Luxury Budget.
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the cost of living in Guam!
This article will take you on a journey with Videos, a Table of expenses, and more to explore the costs of living in Guam, from housing and transportation to food and things to do here.
With our expert analysis and practical insights from personally living here in Guam, you’ll be well-informed on what to expect when making the move to this unique and vibrant city.
Whether you’re a digital nomad, Expat, Retiree, or just looking to experience Guam for a few months, our guide is designed to help you make the most of your budget with a range of expenses estimated to cost between $1770 – $6900 Per Month. Let’s get started!
If you’re considering a move to Guam, here are 7 reasons why you should move Here:
- Cost of Living: Guam is not as expensive as you might think. While the cost of living in Guam is higher than in other parts of the world, it is still cheaper than in many major cities worldwide and 2 times cheaper than in New York and California. The Average monthly cost of living, including rent, utilities, food, and transportation, ranges from $1770 – $6900 Per Month.
- Natural Beauty: Guam boasts breathtaking natural beauty, with its tropical forests, stunning beaches, and crystal-clear waters. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the many opportunities for hiking, biking, and water sports such as diving, surfing, and snorkeling. The island is home to several nature preserves and parks, including the War in the Pacific National Historical Park, where visitors can learn about Guam’s history and culture.
- Culture and History: The Chamorro people have lived on Guam for over 4,000 years, and their rich cultural heritage is evident in the island’s art, music, dance, and festivals. Spanish, American, Filipino, and Japanese influences have also shaped Guam’s culture and history, resulting in a unique blend of traditions and customs. Visitors can explore historical sites such as the Plaza de España, the Latte Stone Park, and the Talofofo Falls Resort Park, or attend cultural events such as the annual Guam Liberation Day Parade.
- Beautiful Beaches: Guam is known for its beautiful beaches, which are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports. The most popular beaches include Tumon Beach, Ypao Beach Park, and Gab Gab Beach. The waters around Guam are also home to an abundance of marine life, including colorful fish, sea turtles, and dolphins.
- Quality of Life: Guam offers an excellent quality of life, with modern infrastructure, reliable public services, and access to quality healthcare and education. The island has a well-developed transportation system, and the telecommunications infrastructure is advanced, making it easy to stay connected with loved ones. The island also has a diverse range of restaurants, shopping centers, and entertainment options.
- Safe Environment: Guam is a safe place to live, with a low crime rate and a friendly community. The island is home to a large military presence, which contributes to the overall security of the island. The local police force is well-trained and responsive to the needs of the community, ensuring a safe environment for residents and visitors alike.
- Guam is a great place to live, with its natural beauty, rich culture and history, low cost of living, beautiful beaches, high quality of life, and safe environment. Whether you’re looking for a new adventure, a peaceful retirement, or a fresh start, Guam has something to offer for everyone.
Table of Contents
Cost Of Living in Guam Quick Facts:
Here are some quick facts about the cost of living in Guam:
- Here’s a breakdown of some key expenses: Total Monthly Living Costs in Guam, Is $1770 – $6900 Per Month. For all expenses, and if you budget smartly, you can expect to spend $2500 to $4500 per month for all expenses.
- Guam, is 2 times cheaper than New York City, United States.
- Living well in Guam is possible with a monthly income of around $3100. Living on as low as $1800 per month on a superstrict tight budget is possible but we don’t recommend that.
- The monthly rent, food budget, housing expenses, and transportation options in Guam are determined by your budget.
- To maintain the same standard of life as $10,000 in New York City, an estimated $6,300 is needed in Guam.
- On average, the cost of living in Guam, is 36% lower than in New York City, United States.
- On average, rent in Guam is 36% cheaper than in New York City, New York, USA.
- The costs of rent in Guam range from $1770 – $6900 Per Month. Depending on your budget.
- A budget food and grocery plan in Guam will cost around $272 – $975 per month, depending on location and budget.
- An estimated monthly cost for a family of four in Guam is $4800.
- An estimated monthly cost for a single person in Guam is $1770 – $3900.
- Transportation costs in Guam are estimated to be $35 – $550 per month.
- The average monthly cost of living in Guam for local natives is around $4200. Expats and digital nomads may spend more, $3200 – $4100 per month, to maintain their living standards in Guam. We spent around $2150 – $4100 monthly on all expenses.
Our Personal Costs of Living in Guam: Table of expenses Breakdown 2023
This Is a table of expenses of what we spent living as digital nomads every month in Guam. Sometimes, we spent less or more.
Our Average Monthly Costs In Guam, went as follows:
- Our monthly rent and accommodation cost ranges from $1300 to $2000 USD.
- The monthly cost of utilities for us is typically around $200 to $400 USD.
- We spend between $50 to $100 USD per month on gym expenses.
- Our monthly food and grocery expenses usually fall between $400 to $800 USD.
- Transportation costs vary, but typically range from $100 to $400 USD per month.
- We spend around $50 to $200 USD per month on activities.
- Our monthly health insurance costs range from $50 to $200 USD.
- In total, our monthly cost of living in Guam usually ranges from $2150 to $4100 USD.
Here is a table of Expenses for what we personally spent in Guam:
|Our Monthly Cost of Living In Guam||Cost (USD)|
|Our Monthly Cost of Rent and Accommodation||$1300 – $2000|
|Our Monthly Cost of Utilities||$200 – $400|
|Our Gym Cost per month in Guam||$50 – $100|
|Our Monthly Cost of Food and Groceries||$400 – $800|
|Our Monthly Cost of Transportation||$100 – $400|
|Our Monthly Cost of Activities||$50 – $200|
|Our Monthly Cost of Health Insurance||$50 – $200|
|Our Monthly Cost of Living in Guam total expenses||$2150 – $4100|
Monthly Cost of Living in Guam Summary Cost Of Rent, Groceries, Transportation, Healthcare: $1770 – $6900 Per Month
You can live in Guam, for around $1,770 a month for all expenses on a tight budget or $6,900 a month if you want to live much more luxuriously. The Cost of living in Guam is from $1770 – $6900 Per Month.
You can still maintain a monthly budget and enjoy all the beautiful things Guam, offers.
Here is a breakdown of the costs:
- Rent: The cost of renting an apartment in Guam varies depending on the size and location of the apartment. The average cost of a studio apartment is between $1000 and $2000 per month, while the average cost of a 1-bedroom apartment is between $1200 and $1800 per month. For a 2-bedroom apartment, the cost ranges between $1700 and $2500 per month, while the cost for a 3-bedroom apartment can range from $2200 to $4500 per month.
- Utilities: The cost of utilities, such as electricity and water, in Guam can range from $150 to $300 per month.
- Mobile phone: The cost of a mobile phone plan with unlimited data and a SIM card in Guam can range from $50 to $100 per month.
- Internet: The cost of a wifi internet connection in Guam can range from $70 to $100 per month.
- Food: The cost of food, including groceries, dining out, partying, and nightlife, in Guam can range from $300 to $1000 per month.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation in Guam, including public transportation, taxis, scooters, and cars, can range from $100 to $500 per month.
- Healthy activities: The cost of healthy activities, such as gym memberships, martial arts classes, yoga, and massages, in Guam can range from $50 to $200 per month.
- Health insurance: The cost of health insurance in Guam varies depending on the provider and the coverage. Options such as SafetyWing, World Nomads, or Medicare can range from $50 to $200 per month.
The total cost of living in Guam: The total monthly expenses for living in Guam can range from $1770 to $6900. This includes rent, utilities, mobile phone and internet, food, transportation, healthy activities, and health insurance.
A great monthly budget for a single person living in Guam, is around $3000 to $4100 monthly. You can also do it for cheaper.
The costs of living in Guam, Depending on various factors and spending habits, the price may change. Others spend $6200 or more each month for an extravagant, next-level lifestyle or even $1800 on the strictest budget staying in hostels, couchsurfing, and smaller studio apartments, ensuring they make it work no matter what!
- Expect to spend $1770 – $6900 Per Month. for a single person or a family living in Guam. $3500 per Month is sufficient to live on.
- Local Guam markets, Local Food trucks, Local food shops, and supermarkets are the most cost-effective and knowledgeable ways to shop and eat in Guam!
Here is a table of expenses for a couple living in Guam per month:
|Average Cost of Living In Guam||Cost in USD|
|Rent (Studio apartment)||$1000 – $2000|
|Rent (1 bedroom apartment)||$1200 – $1800|
|Rent (2 bedroom apartment)||$1700 – $2500|
|Rent (3 bedroom apartment)||$2200 – $4500|
|Utilities (electricity, water)||$150 – $300|
|Mobile phone (unlimited data plan, Sim Card)||$50 – $100|
|Internet (wifi)||$70 – $100|
|Food (groceries, dining out, Partying, nightlife)||$300 – $1000|
|Transportation (Public transport, Taxi, Scooter, car)||$100 – $500|
|Healthy activities (gym, martial arts, yoga, massages)||$50 – $200|
|Health insurance (SafetyWing, World Nomads, or Medicare)||$50 – $200|
|Cost of Living In Guam Per Month Total Expenses||$1770 – $6900|
Cost of Living in Guam: Table of Expenses in 2023
This table of expenses will help you plan your budget for your move to Guam.
The Cost of living table below An extensive poll of Digital Nomads, Expats, travelers, our personal experience living Here, Locals, and Numbeo users were used to put this together.
Guams Currency is un USD This estimate is based on a Strict Budget Vs. A luxury Budget in Guam per Month! The Cost Of Living Per Month In Guam, is $1770 – $6900 Per Month or more, depending on your spending habits!
Here is the Table of the monthly budget for two people living in Guam:
|Cost of Living in Guam per person||Cost in USD|
|Cost of living for a single person in Guam||$1,770 to $4,000 per month|
|Cost of living for a couple in Guam||$2,500 to $5,000 per month|
|Cost of living for a family of four in Guam||$3,500 to $6,500 per month|
|Average Monthly Expenses in Guam||Cost in USD|
|Average monthly rent for a studio in Guam||$1000 to $2,000|
|Average monthly cost for food and groceries in Guam||$400 to $600|
|Average monthly cost for dining out in Guam||$300 to $500|
|Average monthly cost for miscellaneous items||$200 to $400|
|Average monthly cost for utilities||$150 to $250|
|Average monthly cost for transportation||$100 to $300|
|Total average monthly cost of living in Guam||$2,250 to $4,250|
|Cost of Living in Guam Expenses||Cost (Monthly) in USD|
|Cost of Rent and Accommodation in Guam||$1000 – $4,500|
|Cost of Food and Groceries in Guam||$300 – $800|
|Cost of Utilities in Guam||$200 – $300|
|Cost of Public Transportation in Guam||$5 – $40|
|Cost of Private Transportation||$200 – $400|
|Cost of Healthcare||$50 – $400|
|Cost of Entertainment||$50 – $300|
|Cost of Clothing and Personal Items||$50 – $300|
|Cost of Activities and Excursions||$50 – $500|
Cost of Rent In Guam In-Depth Summary And Table of Expenses
The cost of accommodation in Guam is essential for many expats, retirees, digital nomads, and locals. It can vary depending on the apartment type and location you are looking for.
The cost of studio and one-bedroom apartments in Guam:
- Cost of a Studio apartment in Guam:
- In the city of Guam, a studio apartment costs between $1,344 to $2,535 per month.
- Outside the city of Guam, a studio apartment costs between $1,183 to $2,028 per month.
- Cost of a 1-bedroom apartment in Guam:
- In the city of Guam, a 1-bedroom apartment costs between $1,521 to $3,380 per month.
- Outside the city of Guam, a 1-bedroom apartment costs between $1,345 to $2,535 per month.
|Cost of a Apartment in Guam||Location||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Cost of a Studio in the city of Guam||City||$1,344 – $2,535|
|Cost of a Studio outside the city in Guam||Outside City||$1,183 – $2,028|
|Cost of a 1 bedroom in the city in Guam||City||$1,521 – $3,380|
|Cost of a 1 bedroom outside the city in Guam||Outside City||$1,345 – $2,535|
The Cost of 2 Bedroom Apartment in Guam:
- Cost of a 2 bedroom apartment in Guam varies by location.
- In the city, the average monthly cost of a 2 bedroom apartment is between $1,918 to $3,535 USD.
- Outside the city, the average monthly cost of a 2 bedroom apartment is between $1,586 to $2,950 USD.
|Cost of a 2 bedroom Apartment in Guam||Location||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Cost of a 2 bedroom in the city in Guam||City||$1,918 – $3,535|
|Cost of a 2 bedroom outside the city in Guam||Outside City||$1,586 – $2,950|
The Cost of a 3 bedroom apartment in Guam:
- Cost of a 3 bedroom apartment in Guam ranges from $2,330 to $4,990 per month depending on the location.
- In the city of Guam, a 3 bedroom apartment costs between $2,519 and $4,990 per month.
- Outside the city, a 3 bedroom apartment costs between $2,330 and $4,030 per month.
|Cost of a 3 bedroom Apartment in Guam||Location||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Cost of a 3 bedroom in the city||City||$2,519 – $4,990|
|Cost of a 3 bedroom outside the city||Outside City||$2,330 – $4,030|
The Cost of a Luxury Apartment in Guam per month:
- Luxury apartment costs in Guam can vary depending on location. If you are looking for a luxury apartment in the city of Guam, you can expect to pay around $4,000 to $7,000 per month.
- However, if you are willing to live outside the city, you can find luxury apartments for slightly less at around $3,500 to $6,500 per month.
|Cost of a Luxury Apartment in Guam||Location||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Cost of a Luxury apartment in the city of Guam||City||$4,000 – $7,000|
|Cost of a Luxury apartment outside the city of Guam||Outside City||$3,500 – $6,500|
Suppose you’re considering renting an apartment in Guam. In that case, your best bet is to opt for a monthly rental in person, via Facebook Marketplace, Real estate Guam rental site, Booking.com, and Airbnb.
While an apartment on Airbnb average costs ranges from $1040 to $4,200 per month, you may find a cheaper option by searching locally. However, remember that you may need to pay a deposit upfront when renting an apartment locally. At the same time, Airbnb rentals usually do not require a deposit. I recommend Facebook marketplace and finding local renting sites in Guam.
- To save money on your rental and daily expenses, consider looking for an apartment located in a neighborhood with access to local markets, gyms, and restaurants and short walking distances.
- You can also join Facebook groups such as “Digital Nomads in Guam” or “Expats in Guam” to connect with others and potentially find affordable rental options.
- Alternatively, consider staying at a Hostel, Airbnb, hotel monthly, homestay, guesthouse, or bed and breakfast for more affordable rates rather than a costly hotel or tourist location.
Monthly Rent in Guam: Table of Expenses in 2023
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of rent and Accommodation in Guam per month:
|Cost of Rent in Guam||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Studio apartment||$1,200 – $2,800|
|2 bedroom apartment||$1,500 – $3,500|
|3 bedroom apartment||$2,300 – $5,500|
|Luxury apartment||$3,000 – $6,000|
|Average Monthly Rent Expense in Guam||Average Monthly Rent in USD|
|Average monthly rent for a studio in Guam||$1,200 – $2,200|
|Average monthly rent for a 1 bedroom in Guam||$1,400 – $2,500|
|Average monthly rent for a 2 bedrooms in Guam||$1,700 – $3,000|
|Average monthly rent for a 3 bedrooms in Guam||$2,300 – $6,800|
Here is a table of estimated costs for rent and accommodation in Guam:
|Accommodation Type in Guam||Average Monthly Rent in USD|
|1 bedroom apartment in city center||$1,400 – $2,650|
|1 bedroom apartment outside city center||$1,200 – $2,500|
|Studio apartment in city center||$1,200 – $2,250|
|Studio apartment outside city center||$1,100 – $2,250|
|Shared room in city center||$450 – $675|
|Shared room outside city center||$325 – $490|
|Hotel room (3-star)||$100 – $150|
|Hotel room (5-star)||$225 – $338|
|2 bedroom apartment in city center||$1,700 – $3,400|
|2 bedroom apartment outside city center||$1,700 – $3,400|
|3 bedroom apartment in city center||$2,300 – $5,200|
|3 bedroom apartment outside city center||$2,300 – $5,200|
Living in Guam Credible Reliable Sources
Here is a list of Government resources for Visas, Cost of living in Guam, Tourism Boards, and more to help you with your potential move here! I hope this helps you all as you plan your move here!
- Here is one of the sites that is great for finding a place to stay in Guam and throughout Guam Real estate rental site.
- here is another site that is great for finding jobs, Properties like renting an apartment and homes for sale, cars, and more from Guam Rental Finder
- Guam Government Tourism Site: Guam Government Tourism Board
- Official Guam Tourism Board: Guam Tourism Board
Cost Of Transportation In Guam Summary and Table of expenses
The average cost a traveler spends a day on transportation while in Guam, is $5 to $30 a day USD or $50 – $1000 per month depending on if you use transport by Bus, ferries, have your own scooter, or rent a car.
Here are different methods of public transport you can do in Guam:
- The average cost of transportation options in Guam are as follows:
- A local bus ride costs $4 per ride, while a long-distance bus ride ranges from $8 to $15 for a one-way trip.
- A taxi ride in the city has an initial fee of $3.50 to $5.00 and costs $1.20 to $1.80 per km, while a long-distance taxi ride ranges from $20 to $60 for a one-way trip.
- Rental cars are also available, with compact cars ranging from $35 to $60 per day, and luxury cars ranging from $80 to $150 per day.
- Bicycles are free or cost $5 daily, while scooters range from $5 to $20 daily.
- Inter-island ferries cost $15 to $30 per one-way trip.
It’s worth noting that public transportation options in Guam are limited, so renting a car or scooter might be necessary for some travelers. Taxis are readily available in major towns and cities, but negotiating the fare in advance is recommended. For those who prefer biking, there are a number of scenic bike routes throughout Guam. Ferries are also available for those who wish to explore the surrounding islands.
Here is a detailed table of estimated costs for public transportation in Guam:
|Transportation Option||Average Cost in USD|
|Bus (Local)||$4 for single ride|
|Bus (Long-Distance)||$8 to $15 for one-way trip|
|Taxi (City)||Initial fee of $3.50 to $5.00, per km $1.20 to $1.80|
|Taxi (Long-Distance)||$20 to $60 for one-way trip|
|Rental Car (Compact)||$35 to $60 per day|
|Rental Car (Luxury)||$80 to $150 per day|
|Bicycle||Free or $5 per day|
|Scooter||$5 to $20 per day|
|Ferry (Inter-Island)||$15 to $30 per one-way trip|
Additionally, here are some other related expenses:
- Monthly bus pass: around $45 to $65
- Gasoline (1 gallon): around $4 per gallon.
Monthly Cost Of Gas and Petrol For Scooter in Guam
|Cost in USD|
|Average monthly cost for gasoline, Petrol for scooter||$32 – $110|
Ultimately, we recommend renting a Car, scooter, using the Trains, Ferries, and Uber. This will give you the best experience, and you can explore Guam this way.
Cost of Food and Markets In Guam Explained: Table Of Expenses 2023
The average cost of food per day in Guam is about $10 to $30 per day or $265 to $965 per month.
Another great option is to shop at the local markets for affordable fresh food and cook meals at home.
But if you eat at local food stalls and supermarkets around your area, you’re looking to spend around $300 or more on food per Month.
The average monthly cost of food in Guam is as follows:
- Local food: The estimated monthly cost for local food in Guam ranges from $150 to $400. This cost may vary depending on the type of food you eat, the frequency of your meals, and the location of the restaurants or food stalls.
- Mid-range restaurants: The estimated cost for a meal at a mid-range restaurant in Guam is between $15 to $30 per meal. This cost may vary depending on the restaurant you choose and the type of cuisine you are interested in.
- Fine dining restaurants: The estimated cost for a meal at a fine dining restaurant in Guam ranges from $50 to $150 per meal. This cost may vary depending on the restaurant you choose, the quality of the food, and the service you receive.
- Groceries: The estimated monthly cost for groceries in Guam ranges from $300 to $600. This cost may vary depending on the size of your household, the types of food you purchase, and the frequency of your grocery shopping.
- Supermarkets (imported goods): The estimated cost of imported goods at supermarkets in Guam ranges from $5 to $55 per item. This cost may vary depending on the specific item you purchase, the brand, and the quantity.
- Street food: The estimated cost for street food in Guam ranges from $5 to $20 per meal. This cost may vary depending on the type of food you purchase, the location of the food vendor, and the popularity of the dish.
- Specialty food stores: The estimated monthly cost for specialty food stores in Guam ranges from $50 to $100. This cost may vary depending on the types of specialty foods you are interested in, the quantity you purchase, and the frequency of your visits.
Overall, the estimated monthly cost of food in Guam ranges from $400 to $800. Depending on your food preferences, dining habits, and budget, this cost may vary. It’s important to plan your food expenses accordingly and explore different dining options to find the most cost-effective options for your needs.
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Food in Guam per month:
|Food Expense||Average Monthly Cost (USD)|
|Local food||$150 – $400|
|Mid-range restaurants||$15 – $30 per meal|
|Fine dining restaurants||$50 – $150 per meal|
|Groceries||$300 – $600|
|Supermarkets (imported goods)||$5 – $55 per item|
|Street food||$5 – $20 per meal|
|Specialty food stores||$50 – $100|
|Overall Monthly Cost of Food||$400 – $800|
|Average Monthly Food Costs in Guam||USD|
|Local Food Markets, Street food and Local Supermarkets and cheaper dining options||$250 – $600|
|Eating out at Mid range restaurants and expensive restaurants per month (No Budget)||$500 – $1000+|
Here is an example table of expenses for the average monthly food and grocery costs in Guam:
|Monthly Food Expenses in Guam||USD|
|Average monthly cost for groceries||$300 – $400|
|Average monthly cost for dining out||$50 – $300|
|Average monthly cost for miscellaneous food items||$50 – $100|
|Total average monthly cost for food in Guam||$400 – $800|
Here is a table of estimated costs for food and Groceries in supermarkets in Guam:
|Cost Of food and Groceries In a Supermarket||Estimated Cost (USD)|
|Milk (1 liter)||$3 – $4|
|Bread (500g loaf)||$2 – $3|
|Rice (1kg)||$2 – $5|
|Chicken (1kg)||$6 – $8|
|Apples (1kg)||$3 – $5|
|Oranges (1kg)||$2 – $4|
|Eggs (1 dozen)||$3 – $5|
|Cheese (1kg)||$10 – $15|
|Beef (1kg)||$10 – $15|
|Potatoes (1kg)||$2 – $4|
|Tomatoes (1kg)||$3 – $5|
|Onion (1kg)||$2 – $4|
|Water (1.5 liter bottle)||$1 – $2|
|Soft drink (1.5 liter bottle)||$2 – $3|
|Beer (330ml bottle)||$1 – $2|
|Wine (mid-range bottle)||$10 – $20|
|Fast food meal||$5 – $10|
|Restaurant meal (mid-range)||$15 – $30|
Here is a table of some popular local food in Guam:
|Food Item||Description||Average Price (USD)|
|Red Rice||Local dish made with achiote seeds and glutinous rice||$5-7|
|Chicken Kelaguen||Chicken dish made with lemon, onions, and hot peppers||$8-10|
|Beef Tinaktak||Beef dish made with coconut milk, onions, and green beans||$10-12|
|Kadon Pika||Chicken or beef stew with coconut milk and hot peppers||$10-12|
|Shrimp Patties||Fried patty made with shrimp and corn||$1-2 per patty|
|Finadene Sauce||Sauce made with soy sauce, lemon, onions, and hot peppers||$2-4|
|Titiyas||Flatbread made with cornmeal and coconut milk||$1-2 per piece|
|Latiya||Coconut custard dessert||$3-5 per slice|
|Rosketti||Biscuits made with anise seeds and butter||$4-6 per bag|
|Chamorro-style Barbecue||Grilled meats marinated in a sweet and savory sauce||$10-15 per plate|
Cost of Utilities in Guam: Table of Expenses 2023
The cost of utilities in Guam can vary significantly depending on the location and the individual’s energy consumption habits:
- Basic electricity/gas: The estimated monthly cost for basic electricity and gas in Guam ranges from $150 to $200. This cost may vary depending on your home or apartment size and the number of appliances you use.
- Water: The estimated monthly cost for water in Guam ranges from $50 to $100. This cost may vary depending on your water usage, the size of your household, and the type of property you live in.
- Internet (Broadband): The estimated monthly cost for broadband internet in Guam ranges from $70 to $100. This cost may vary depending on the internet speed you choose and the provider you use.
- Mobile phone sim card (Prepaid): The estimated monthly cost for a prepaid mobile phone sim card in Guam ranges from $15 to $30. This cost may vary depending on your mobile phone provider and the amount of data or talk time required.
- Mobile phone plan (Postpaid): The estimated monthly cost for a postpaid mobile phone plan in Guam ranges from $60 to $120. This cost may vary depending on your mobile phone provider and the features included in your plan, such as data, talk time, and text messaging.
- Mobile phone plan (Unlimited data): The estimated monthly cost for a mobile phone plan with unlimited data in Guam ranges from $50 to $150. This cost may vary depending on the mobile phone provider you use and the type of plan you choose.
- Overall, the total average monthly cost for utilities in Guam ranges from $200 to $400. This cost may vary depending on your specific usage and the provider you choose for each utility. It’s important to research different providers and plans to find the most cost-effective options for your needs.
Here is an example table of expenses for the average monthly utilities in Guam:
|Monthly Cost of Utilities in Guam||Estimated Monthly Cost (USD)|
|Basic electricity/gas||$150 – $200|
|Water||$50 – $100|
|Internet (Broadband)||$70 – $100|
|Mobile phone sim card (Prepaid)||$15 – $30|
|Mobile phone plan (Postpaid)||$60 – $120|
|Mobile phone plan (Unlimited data)||$100 – $150|
|Total average monthly cost for utilities in Guam||$200 – $400|
Leisure, Activities and Things to do in Guam
Guam is a beautiful island located in the western Pacific Ocean, with a rich history and culture.
In this tropical paradise, you can explore stunning landscapes, learn about the Chamorro people and their traditions, and indulge in delicious food.
In this list, we’ve compiled some of the best things to do in Guam to make the most of your visit to this amazing island.
Here are the 17 things to do in Guam:
- Visit Tumon Beach
- See Two Lovers Point
- Explore Ritidian Point
- Visit the Guam Museum
- Walk through Plaza de Espana
- Hike Mount Lamlam
- Swim in the Merizo Pier
- Visit the Cocos Island
- Explore the Inarajan Natural Pool
- Visit the Talofofo Falls
- See the Gef Pa’go Chamorro Village
- Explore the War in the Pacific National Historical Park
- Visit the Fish Eye Marine Park
- See the Guam Botanical Garden
- Go shopping at Chamorro Village Night Market
- Learn at the University of Guam Marine Laboratory
- Visit the San Antonio Bridge for a sunset view.
For more things to do In Guam Checkout Viator Here for 1000s of activities and guided tours!
Healthcare Costs in Guam
Medical care in Guam is great and has the same care you will get in The USA, Guam has many USA Military Bases, and the soldiers get the same Medical Care as they would in Mainland USA.
SafetyWing Insurance is an innovative travel insurance solution designed for travelers, digital nomads, and remote workers. Whether you’re on a gap year, working abroad, or traveling for business, SafetyWing offers a comprehensive coverage plan to keep you protected and secure during your journey.
Here are just a few reasons why you should try SafetyWing Insurance for your next trip:
- Global Coverage: SafetyWing insurance covers you anywhere in the world, including countries that many other insurance companies exclude.
- Affordable: SafetyWing offers affordable insurance options that are more cost-effective than many other travel insurance plans.
- Easy to Use: With SafetyWing, you can sign up, manage your policy, and file claims all from the comfort of your phone or computer.
- Wide Range of Coverage: SafetyWing offers coverage for a variety of events, including medical emergencies, trip cancellations, lost or stolen property, and more.
- 24/7 Support: SafetyWing provides 24/7 support to its customers, so you can get help when you need it, no matter where you are in the world.
We suggest you also have it, especially if you live as an expat and digital nomad in Guam. We always use SafetyWing for international travel insurance and medical concerns. They start at $42 a month! It’s incredible and always reliable!
Main FAQS Section About Guam:
What is the monthly cost of living in Guam?
The cost of living in Guam on average, is around $1770 – $6900 Per Month. This includes rent, food, transportation, and other costs like utilities and phone bills.
What is the Cost Of Living in Guam Vs USA?
The Cost Of Living in Guam is around 36% less than living in New York City, USA, and the average monthly Cost of living in Guam is $1770 – $6900 Per Month. in Guam vs $5500 to $10380 per month living in New York City, United States.
What is the Cost of Accommodation in Guam?
The Cost of Accommodation in Guam costs around $1200 to $4500 per month.
What is the best time of year to visit Guam?
The best time to visit Guam is from January – May, the dry season.
How Much does it cost to live in Guam?
On average, living in Guam costs around $1770 – $6900 Per Month.
What is the Cost of Utilities in Guam?
The Utilities in Guam Cost around $155 to $300 per month, depending on your energy consumption!
What is the Cost of Food in Guam vs USA?
The Cost Of Food in Guam is 15% less than in New York, United States. Monthly Food Costs in Guam is from $265 to $975 per month.
What is the Cost Of Rent in Guam VS USA?
The Cost of Rent in Guam is 36% less Than in New York, United States A 1 bedroom apartment in Guam costs $1280 to $3000 per month on average, and 1 bedroom Apartment in New York City, United States, Costs over $2890 per month.
What is the Food Expenses In Guam?
The Food expenses in Guam is from $265 to $975 per month. Make sure to eat the local Food, local Food trucks and supermarkets to save money.
What is the Rental Expenses In Guam?
The monthly rent for a 1-bedroom in Guam is from $1280 to $2550.
What is the Expenses for a Single Person in Guam?
The Expenses for a Single Person in Guam is from $1770 – $4900 Per Month for all expenses.
What is the average cost of Rent In Guam?
The Average cost of rent in Guam is around $1200 to $4000 Per Month in Guam.
What is the average Cost of Transportation In Guam?
The average cost of transportation in Guam is about $5 – $30 USD per day or $50 to $1000 per month Depending if you use a Bus, Scooter or a personal car.
What is the Cost of Mobile Phone SIM and Internet Data In Guam?
The Cost of Phone Data and internet from in Guam is around $35 to $120 per month.
What is the Cost of Food in Guam?
The Cost of Food in Guam costs around $260 to $975 per month; try to eat at the local restaurants and street food for the best and cheapest food to stay on budget!
Is Guam a good place to live?
Yes, Guam is a great and safe Country. Guam Is also one of the safest countries in the world to Live, but of course you always need to watch what you are doing and keep safety top of mind as you would anywhere in the world.
What is the average salary in Guam?
The average monthly salary in Guam is around $4200 per month and $50,000 Per year
What is a good salary to live in Guam?
A great Salary to live on in Guam is around $4000 per month. This will cover all expenses.
Cost Of Living in Guam Conclusion
We hope that you have found this blog post helpful! We have summarized the cost of living in Guam and provided a table of expenses, provided information on rent, accommodation, food costs, and more from our time living there! We will be continually updating this blog post! Also, below are many excellent travel resources that will help you in your Journey around the world!
Travel Resources and Reliable Sources For Guam
Check out our recent blog posts:
- MONTHLY COST Of Living In TONGA 2023 [Expat Budget Guide]
- COST Of Living in New Caledonia 2023 [Noumea Budget Guide]
- MONTHLY COST Of Living In Vanuatu 2023 [Expat Budget Guide]
- COST Of Living In Papua New Guinea 2023 [Monthly Budget Guide]
- MONTHLY COST Of Living In Palau 2023 [Expat Budget Guide]
- Monthly COST Of Living In NEW ZEALAND 2023 [Budget Guide]
- Monthly COST Of Living In Saudi Arabia 2023 [Expat Budget Guide]
- COST Of Living In Tokyo Japan 2023 [TOKYO Budget Guide]
- Monthly COST Of Living In Japan 2023 [JAPAN Budget Guide]
- MONTHLY Cost Of Living in Doha Qatar 2023 (QATAR Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living in Bangkok Thailand 2022 (Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living in Phuket Thailand 2023 (Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living in Thailand 2023 (BEST Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Fiji 2023 (Best Fiji Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Maldives 2023 (Best Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Dubai, UAE 2023 (Dubai, UAE Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In the Philippines 2023 (Best Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Singapore 2023 (Singapore Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Tahiti French Polynesia 2023 (Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Bora Bora, French Polynesia 2023
- Cost Of Living in Bali 2023 (Best Bali Indonesia Cost Guide)