Why Should You Move To Phuket, Thailand?
Hey Friends! So You are Ready to Live in Phuket, Thailand, On a budget? The Cost Of Living In Phuket Thailand, makes it possible to Live For Around $760 – $3350 per month, depending on your budget. Phuket, Thailand, is a hotspot for Fighters, Expats, Digital Nomads, Travelers, and retirees;
When it comes to finding the perfect place to call home, few places can compare to Phuket, Thailand. With its pristine white sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush forest canyons, this island paradise has it all.
In addition to its beautiful natural environment, Phuket is one of Thailand’s most popular destinations for Fighters, expats, digital nomads, tourists, and honeymooners.
Cost Of Living in Phuket, Thailand Quick Facts:
- This article explains how we lived in Thailand for 2 years for under $1100 per month as Digital nomads. I Lived in Phuket, working online and training in MMA and Muay Thai for around a year. How others did it, and how You can Live in Phuket, Thailand, on a budget. We also included videos to help you on your journey and give you even more context.
- We’ll explain all the important details about living in Phuket, Thailand, including rent and accommodation prices. We’ll also provide a summary of the costs of food, transportation in Phuket, Things to do, and other everyday expenses so whether you’re planning to move to Phuket or want to know the average cost of living in this beautiful city.
- Phuket, Thailand, has excellent weather, some of the world’s most beautiful temples and structures and nature on the outskirts of Phuket, incredible stunning islands, world-class views, awesome infinite adventures to go on, world-class MMA and Muay Thai fighting gyms, and an incredibly unique Thai culture. Phuket, Thailand, is highly safe, making it a great place to raise a family if you stay away from the Patong area in Phuket. If you know, then you know, haha.
- Here’s a breakdown of some key expenses in Phuket: Total Monthly Living Costs in Phuket, Thailand, Is $710 to $2300 Per Month For all expenses, and if you budget correctly and don’t try to party every night in Patong and Bangla road, then you can expect to spend $870 to $1500 per month for all expenses and live comfortably.
- Phuket, Thailand, is 5.2 times cheaper than living in New York City, United States. As we will explain, yes, you don’t have to spend the $5,500 per week on vacations you see on social media. This is the wrong way to travel, and you will spend unnecessary money to have a fantastic life living in Phuket, Thailand, for $1,500 per month!
- The average monthly cost of living in Phuket, Thailand, is $450 For the Local Natives, sometimes less. Expats and Digital Nomads or retirees will spend more to keep up with their living standards of around $1200 – $1500 per month or more.
- Phuket, Thailand, has world-class local Street food on every corner, which is another tip to save money as it is incredibly cheap and gives you a massive quality and a huge plate of food. Try to eat at the local markets, street food, and supermarkets. You will save a lot of money doing this, which is a pro tip. Also, check out 7/11 for unique snacks and food; the local service is incredible at 7/11. You won’t regret it.
- We will help you understand how much money you’ll need to live comfortably by providing an overview of the Cost Of Living In Phuket, Thailand.
We’ve been digital nomads for 4.5 years. We also lived in Thailand for 2 years so we will give you information from our experiences.
Our Personal Costs of Living in Phuket, Thailand: Table of expenses Breakdown
This Is a table of expenses of everything we spent each month to give you an idea of your costs before we dive deeper into the article. Sometimes, we spent less or more depending on the month.
Our Monthly Costs In Phuket went as follows:
- Rent and accommodation in Phuket, Thailand, $310 a month for a beautiful condo with a gym and pool near the local food markets, which saved us even more on food.
- Food and Groceries Costs in Phuket was $300 – $500 per month. We always ate the local food and street food and did weekly grocery shopping at the local supermarkets, which helped save us a lot of money on food and groceries each month.
- Monthly Utilities in Phuket were around $100 a month for electricity, water, wifi, and phone data from AIS combined.
- Gym: Our Condo had a gym included and 2 pools, but we went to another gym for $20 a month and MMA, Muay Thai, and jiujitsu gym for $310 a month, so if you didn’t train MMA, jiujitsu then you wouldn’t spend that $310, but if you used the condo’s gym then you wouldn’t spend anything, or you would go to a local gym and spend $20 a month it’s up to you.
- In Phuket, we spent around $300 to $500 a month on food and groceries.
- Transportation, we rented a scooter and used a Grab taxi. Our Transportation expenses were around $75 to $110 per month.
- Activities and things to do in Phuket were around $85 to $100 per month.
Here is a table of Expenses for what we personally spent in Phuket, Thailand:
|Our Personal Average Monthly Expenses In Phuket, Thailand||USD $||Thai Baht USD/THB THB|
|Our Rent and Accommodation in Phuket, Thailand, Per Month||$310||Thai Baht 11,011|
|Our monthly Utilities in Phuket, Thailand, such as water, electricity, Wifi, Mobile phone plan from AIS||$100||Thai Baht THB 3,552|
|Our Monthly Phuket Thailand Gym and MMA, Jiu Jitsu, and Muay Thai expenses||$310||THB Baht 11,011|
|Our Monthly Cost of Food and Groceries expenses In Phuket, Thailand||$300 – $500||THB Baht 10,656 – THB Baht 14,208|
|Our Monthly Transportation Costs in Phuket, Thailand||$75 – $100||THB Baht 2,664 – THB Baht 3552|
|Our Monthly Activities and Things to do in Phuket, Thailand expenses||$85 – $100||THB Baht 1,019 – THB Baht 3,552|
|Monthly Health Insurance (SafetyWing, World Nomads) In Phuket, Thailand||$40 – $150||THB Baht 1,420 – THB Baht 5,328|
|Our personal Cost of Living In Phuket, Thailand Per Month Total Expenses||$1220 – 1,570||Thai Baht THB 43,334 – Thai Baht THB 53,990|
Table Of Contents
Estimated Monthly Cost of Living in Phuket, Thailand Summary: $760 to $3350 per month
The Average Cost of living in Phuket, Thailand, ranges from $760 – $3350 per month. The cost of living in Phuket, Thailand, is 79% lower than in New York City, United States. With a family of four estimated monthly costs of $2,300, depending on your spending habits and strategies.
You can reduce your monthly budget by:
- In-depth research about moving to Phuket
- Deep budget planning
- Eating street food and local food and shopping at the local supermarkets.
- Using the public transportation options available
- Renting your own scooter but research the best price
- Taking the Phuket public transportation options
- Shopping at the supermarkets
- Renting on Airbnb monthly in Phuket
- Find a cheaper apartment locally by going through a rental agency but research to ensure you get a reasonable price and fair agreement.
Key Facts about the Cost Of Living in Phuket, Thailand:
- The range of costs in Phuket, Thailand, is from $760 – $3350 + per month, depending on your spending habits and your personal budget.
- A budget food and grocery plan will cost you around $300 to $500 per month, depending on your location, budget, and research.
- Overall, a monthly budget of $1150 to $1430 is a realistic estimate for the cost of living in Phuket, Thailand. You should re-evaluate your budget and spending habits if you spend above that.
- A family of four estimated monthly cost is $2300.
- A single person estimated monthly costs are $760 to $1400.
- On average, the cost of living in Phuket, Thailand, is 79% lower than in the United States.
- On average, rent in Phuket, Thailand, is 79% lower than in the United States.
- Transportation costs expect to spend an estimated $5200 baht to 8000 baht ($110 – $210) each month on transportation.
Estimated Monthly Cost Of Living In Phuket Thailand: Table of Expenses 2023
The Cost of living in Phuket, Thailand table below is An intensive research poll of Digital Nomads, our personal experience Living there, Expats, travelers, and Numbeo users that lived in Phuket, Thailand was used to put this together. We also go deeper below this table of expenses!
$1 USD equals 35.52 Thai Baht. This estimate is based on a tight Strict Budget Vs. A luxury Budget in Phuket, Thailand, per month! The Cost Of Living Per Month In Phuket, Thailand, is $760 – $3350, depending on your spending habits!
Here is a table of expenses for a couple living in Phuket, Thailand, per month:
|Average Monthly Expenses In Phuket, Thailand||USD $||Thai Baht USD/THB THB|
|Rent (Homestay, Guesthouse, studio vs Full Private Villa, 2+ bedroom apartment) In Phuket, Thailand||$210 – $1900||THB Baht 7,459 – THB Baht 67,488|
|Electricity (Including water) In Phuket, Thailand||$40 – $100||THB Baht 1420 – THB Baht 3552|
|Mobile Phone (including data) AIS True Move In Phuket, Thailand||$20 – $50||THB Baht 710 – THB Baht 1776|
|Internet (WiFi) in Phuket, Thailand||$20 – $50||THB Baht 710 – THB Baht 1776|
|Food (groceries, dining out, partying, nightlife) in Phuket, Thailand||$300 – $500||THB Baht 10,656- THB Baht 17,760|
|Transportation (motorbike, fuel, renting, Taxi) In Phuket, Thailand||$100 – $300||THB Baht 3552 – THB Baht 10656|
|Healthy Activities (Gym, MMA, Yoga, Massages, etc) In Phuket, Thailand||$30 – $300||THB Baht 1065 – THB Baht 10656|
|Health Insurance (SafetyWing, World Nomads) In Phuket, Thailand||$40 – $150||THB Baht 1420 – THB Baht 5328|
|Cost of Living In Phuket, Thailand Per Month Total Expenses||$760 – $3350||THB Baht 26,995 – THB Baht 118,992|
Cost Of Rent and Accommodation In Phuket, Thailand Summary: $210 – $1900 per month
The Cost of Renting an apartment or Airbnb in Phuket, Thailand, will cost $210 to $620 for a simple apartment per month to $850 or more for a luxury apartment. It’s important to research beforehand to ensure you are getting the best value for your money.
We recommend renting on Airbnb. It is a highly streamlined process, faster than going through a rental agency, because you don’t have to pay an upfront deposit to stay monthly, which will cost you more.
- Renting an apartment monthly from Airbnb will be the best option if you want to live on a budget in Phuket, Thailand. On average, apartments in Phuket, Thailand, cost $210 to $620 per month.
- Bangtao and Rawai are overall the best areas in Phuket to Live for expats and digital nomads.
- Renting a home with two or more rooms will cost you around $620 or more per month.
- You’ll have to choose between renting a flat, studio, 2+ bedroom apartment, sharing the rent, hostels, guesthouses, bed and breakfasts, House sitting, ExpatGo, SpareRoom, VRBO, and Couchsurfing in Phuket.
- To save money on total expenses, eat at the local food shops and markets in Phuket, Thailand, shop at the local supermarkets, and look for an apartment in Phuket, Thailand, in the surrounding areas close to local markets, local food stalls, supermarkets, or local transportation areas and rent a scooter. This is a fantastic tip.
- Digital Nomads in Phuket, Thailand, and Expats in Phuket, Thailand, are just a few of the Facebook groups available For you. Facebook groups are a fantastic resource! It is a great place to start.
When finding accommodation in Phuket, Thailand, it’s important to do your research. The cost of rent can vary greatly depending on where you decide to live and if it’s near the local food spots or public transport. In general, central areas are more expensive than suburbs or rural areas.
Monthly Cost Of Rent and Accommodation in Phuket Thailand: Table Of Expenses 2023
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Rent and Accommodation in Phuket, Thailand per month:
Average Monthly Rent and Accommodation In Phuket, Thailand
|USD $||Thai Baht USD/THB THB|
|Studio Apartment in Phuket, Thailand||$210 – $620||Thai Baht THB 7,459 – Thai Baht THB 22,022|
|2 Bedroom Apartment in Phuket, Thailand||$550 – $1000||Thai Baht THB 19,536 – Thai Baht THB 35520|
|3+ Bedroom Apartment in Phuket, Thailand||$850 – $2000+||Thai Baht THB 30,192 – Thai Baht THB 71040|
|Hostels and CouchSurfing Per Month in Phuket Thailand||$150 – $300||Thai Baht THB 5,328 – Thai Baht THB 10,656|
Cost Of Transportation in Phuket, Thailand Explained
Public transport or renting a scooter may be a better option for those who don’t have a car or want to reduce their monthly expenses. I suggest renting a scooter monthly to explore Phuket, Thailand, to its fullest potential.
- Budget around $100 to $200 per month in transportation for exploring Phuket, Thailand.
- Also, if you use a taxi, tuk-tuk, or hire a taxi, always negotiate the price first. Usually, I use grab instead. It’s cheaper and a fixed price.
- Only get in the taxi or tuk-tuk after clarifying the price first. This keeps you from getting scammed.
- I recommend using your own scooter or Grab taxi, which is the easiest way to get around Phuket.
- Arriving from the Phuket International Airport, take a Grab taxi to your apartment
The public transportation system in Phuket, Thailand, consists of mainly 20 transportation options:
- Try to rent a scooter monthly.
- Use Grab car Taxi
- Use a Grab Motorbike taxi.
- Find a tuk-tuk driver but make sure you negotiate the price to avoid getting scammed.
- Use a Normal Phuket Taxi. Make sure you negotiate the price and make sure it’s metered.
- Travel through Thailand on Night Sleeper trains!
- Carrier Vans in Phuket
- Tour Buses in Phuket
- Hire a private driver in Phuket
- Rent a car in Phuket, and This is the most expensive. I don’t recommend it, and Thailand has crazy traffic, so possible to damage your car.
- Use public buses.
- Use Ferries and take your rented scooter on it to explore different islands.
- Cargo boats or ships
- Use Water ferries
- Use the water boats.
- Domestic flights to other islands
- Chartered seaplanes, which are extremely expensive
- Chartered helicopters are costly.
Monthly Cost Of Transportation in Phuket Thailand: Table of Expenses in 2023
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Public Transportation in Phuket, Thailand per month:
|Average Monthly Transportation Expenses in Phuket, Thailand||USD $||Thai Baht USD/THB THB|
|Monthly Transportation Costs in Phuket, Thailand including scooter rental||$100 – $200||Thai Baht THB 3552 – Thai Baht 7,104|
|Grab Car taxi and Grab Taxi Rides Depending on distance per mile in Phuket, Thailand||$70 to $100 per month||Thai Baht THB 2,486 – Thai Baht THB 355.2|
Best Cost of Flights To Phuket Thailand Tips
Did you know you can fly one way to Phuket, Thailand, affordably? This is How:
- If you Fly to Phuket, Thailand, One-Way From New York City, the cost is $450 – $550 per person.
- If you Fly to Phuket, Thailand, from Europe, Australia, and other Asian countries, the costs will be from $100 to $300 per person.
- You Can Check On Google Flights here!
- Also, if you Have Travel Credit Card Miles and frequent Flyer miles, you can fly to Phuket, Thailand, For almost free!
- Try searching for low-cost airlines or fly during off-peak times or off-season times.
Cost Of Food In Phuket, Thailand Explained: Food Table of Expenses 2023
Monthly Food Costs in Phuket, Thailand, costs $300 to $600 per month. You can save money if you eat at local food areas, local markets, supermarkets, and street food. Try to do this, or you will spend too much at tourist food spots daily, which will cost you a lot of money! Also, the local food is much better than touristy western food anyway.
- The Thai Food in Thailand is truly world-class and wonderful, with so many different options!
- Skip the touristy food spots and only eat at the local Thai street food and local food restaurants!
- Also, to ensure you won’t get food poisoning, make sure you eat at street food places with lots of locals. This is a pro tip!
We can’t wait to move back to Thailand and eat street food! We will make a dedicated article on the best food in Phuket, Thailand, so stay tuned for that. We will link that here in the future!
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Food in Thailand per month:
|Average Monthly Food Costs in Phuket, Thailand||USD $||Thai Baht USD/THB THB|
|Local Food Markets, Street food and Local Supermarkets Per month (Budget Food Costs) in Phuket, Thailand||$300 – $600||Thai Baht THB 10656 – Thai Baht THB 21312|
|Eating out at Mid range restaurants and expensive restaurants per month (No Budget) In Phuket, Thailand||$850 – $1000 +||Thai Baht THB 30192 – Thai Baht THB 35520|
Best 5 Luxury Resorts In Phuket, Thailand
There are so many stunning resorts and hotels in Phuket, Thailand – from luxury resorts to affordable options, and there’s something for everyone. We talked about budget living throughout this article, and now we will go into the Luxury side of things!
Phuket is one of the most popular destinations in Thailand, and for a good reason. There are hundreds of world-class resorts and hotels in Phuket.
When selecting a resort or hotel in Phuket, it’s important to keep several factors in mind. These include budget, location (within the city or outskirts), amenities offered (pools/spas/gyms and more), variety of restaurants and bars available nearby, room type (standard vs suite or luxury)
Here are 7 of some of The best choices:
- COMO POINT YAMU: A luxurious Resort that offers impeccable service and breathtaking views. With its unique location on the southern tip of Phuket, COMO POINT YAMU is perfect for anyone looking to immerse themselves in luxury while enjoying some of the best sun and beach weather in all of Thailand.
- Six Senses Ya Noi Resort: With its perfect location in Karon and close proximity to the major tourist attractions, Six Senses offers everything you could desire from a beachfront resort. The views are incredible – even from your room!
- Aside from its jaw-dropping scenery, Six Senses Ya Noi Resort offers everything you could desire in a resort experience. You’ll find world-class spa services, delicious food options, and dozens of activities to keep you entertained, all while surrounded by beautiful natural surroundings.
- ANANTARA LAYAN PHUKET RESORT: Anantara Layan Phuket Resort is a luxurious 5-star resort located on the west coast of Phuket, Thailand. It offers guests an impressive array of facilities and services, including world-class golf courses, a wide range of spas and treatments, and numerous restaurants and bars.
- The resort also has its own private beachfront lagoon with several swimming pools and beaches to enjoy. If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway in beautiful surroundings, then Anantara Layan Phuket Resort is definitely worth considering. Its superbly designed rooms and breathtaking views will undoubtedly leave you with lifetime memories!
- THE RACHA: THE RACHA is a luxury all-inclusive resort located in Phuket, Thailand. The property offers stunning views of the Andaman Sea and boasts an impressive collection of top-of-the-line amenities. From its exquisite gardens to its impeccable service, THE RACHA provides guests with everything they need to enjoy an unforgettable vacation in paradise.
- So what makes this resort so unique? For one, it’s situated right on the beach – making it easy for guests to escape the heat and relax by the oceanfront pool or soak up some sun on one of THAILAND’S most beautiful beaches.
- Plenty of activities are available at THE RACHA if you want to stay busy while you’re away from the room. From tennis and golf to fishing and parasailing, there is something for everyone at this luxurious destination. And last but not least – because THE RACHA understands that every guest deserves individualized attention, it features nearly 200 types of wine cellars that offer access to more than 2200 wines from around the world!
- Whether you’re looking for a refreshing dry rosé or a potent Shiraz Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand, you’ll be able to find exactly what you’re looking for at THE RACHA Phuket Resort!
- BANYAN TREE PHUKET RESORT: Banyan Tree Phuket Resort is a luxurious spa and wellness resort located on the stunning Andaman Coast in Phuket, Thailand. The property features over 190 lush acres of forested paradise, with access to some of the island’s best swimming and diving locations.
- Several unique meditation facilities are also available for guests, as well as an expansive health club that includes everything from yoga classes to personal training sessions. Guests can enjoy delicious meals in one of four restaurants overlooking beautiful palm-fringed beaches or relax at one of the many lavish guest villas.
- There is even a children’s play area with its own pool and clubhouse! If you’re looking for a luxury getaway that will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, look no further than Banyan Tree Phuket Resort!
And Below is some fantastic deals on hotel and resorts right now in Phuket, Thailand! Check it out for Holiday deals!
Healthcare Costs in Phuket Thailand
Medical Tourism is massive in Thailand. You can get the same care in Phuket, Thailand, as you would back in the United States at 1/10th of the price back home, but I recommend going to Bangkok for important health needs.
Many hospitals and clinics throughout Thailand provide high-quality care at reasonable prices. With many doctors that studied in the USA, UK, and Australia. I recommend researching the best hospitals for expats in Phuket, Thailand. If it is a very important health issue, go to Bangkok’s highly reviewed and popular hospital.
We recommend The best travel health Insurance available by SafetyWing We always have travel insurance monthly for international trips and living abroad. It covers any health or medical procedure done.
We suggest you also have it, especially if you live as an expat in Phuket, Thailand. We always use SafetyWing for international travel insurance and medical concerns. They start at $42 a month! It’s incredible and always reliable!
Best 24 Things To Do In Phuket Thailand
There’s so much to do in Phuket, Thailand. From spending peaceful days by the sea, visiting ancient ruins, exploring hundreds of tropical islands, or soaking up the local culture at a festival – there is something for everyone here.
Here are 24 of our favorite things to do in Phuket:
- Visit the beautiful Phi Phi Islands.
- Explore Khao Sok National Park. This place is magical!
- Run up Big Buddha for an epic adventure and workout!
- Visit Wat Chalong
- Checkout the Rawai area in Phuket
- Experience Khao Rang Viewpoint
- Experience the Monkey Hill Viewpoint
- Check out James Bond Island
- Explore Promthep Cape in Rawai
- Stroll down Surin Beach
- Train MMA, Muay Thai, and Jiu jitsu at Bangtao MMA and Muay Thai Gym
- Co-work and hang out with other digital Nomads
- Trek through jungle jungles.
- Kayak around the islands
- Explore hidden caves
- Visit Kata Beach and discover its stunning white sand beaches and crystal clear waters. Be sure to check out the hidden caves while you’re there!
- Stroll along pristine Phang Nga Bay, where you’ll find lush rainforest, lakes, streams, and coral reefs waiting for your exploration.. or take a boat.
- Explore the Similan Islands
- Visit Patong Beach for its lively nightlife and stunningly clear waters.
- Explore Phuket Town, Phuket City, for its bustling marketplaces and charming colonial architecture.
- Explore Kamala Bay
- Explore Karon Coast National Park for its rugged coastlines, dramatic cliffs, and crystal clear ocean water.
- Explore Nai Harn Beach
- Go Diving In Phuket in the surrounding islands!
Below are thousands of more activities and taking a day trip. Click Here for thousands of activities to do in Phuket on Viator, and many more below!
Best 15 Beaches in Phuket Thailand
These are Some of our Favorite beaches in Phuket, Thailand below:
- Kata Beach
- Kata Noi Beach
- Kata Yai Beach
- Bang Tao Beach
- Surin Beach
- Kamala Beach
- Nai Harn beach
- Ya Nui Beach
- Freedom Beach
- Patong Beach, even though it’s crowded.
- Ao Sane Beach
- Paradise Beach
- Karon Beach
- Phi Phi Island
- Maya Bay
Main FAQS Section About Phuket Thailand
What is the Cost of Accommodation in Phuket, Thailand?
The Cost of Accommodation in Phuket, Thailand, costs around $210 to $1900 per month.
What is the Cost Of Living in Phuket, Thailand Vs the USA?
The Cost Of Living in Phuket, Thailand, is around 79% less than living in the USA, and the average monthly Cost of living in Phuket, Thailand, is $760 to $3300 per month in Phuket, Thailand vs $5100 to $8100 per month living in New York City, United States.
What is the Cost of Food in Phuket, Thailand VS USA?
The Cost Of Food in Phuket, Thailand, is 52% less than in the United States. Monthly Food Costs in Phuket, Thailand, is from $300 to $500 per month.
What is the Cost Of Rent in Phuket, Thailand VS USA?
The Cost of Rent in Phuket, Thailand, is 78% less Than in the United States A 1 bedroom apartment costs $210 to $650 per month on average, and 1 bedroom Apartment in New York City, United States, Costs over $2000 per month.
Cost Of Accommodation in Phuket, Thailand vs the USA?
The Cost of Accommodation in Phuket, Thailand, is 78.2% less Than in the United States; a 1 bedroom apartment costs $210 to $550 per month on average, and 2+ bedroom costs $550 to $800+ In Phuket vs 1 bedroom Apartment in New York City, United States, Costs over $2200 per month.
What is the Cost of Transportation in Phuket, Thailand vs the USA?
The Cost of Transportation in Phuket, Thailand, is 60% less than in The USA; monthly Transportation Costs in Phuket, Thailand, Costs from $70 to $200 per Month.
What is the monthly cost of living in Phuket, Thailand?
On average, The cost of living in Phuket, Thailand, is around $900 – $1500 per month. This includes rent, food, transportation, and other expenses like utilities and phone bills.
What is the Cost of Utilities in Phuket, Thailand?
The Utilities in Phuket, Thailand, Cost around $70 to $150 per month, depending on your energy consumption!
What are the Expenses for a Single Person in Phuket, Thailand?
The Expenses for a Single Person in Phuket, Thailand, is from $760 to $1410 per month all expenses.
What is the average Cost of Transportation In Phuket, Thailand?
The average cost of transportation in Phuket, Thailand, is about $3 USD per day or $70 to $210 per month. This includes renting your scooter and everything from taxis to rental cars to buses and trains.
What is the Cost of Mobile Phone SIM and Internet Data In Phuket, Thailand?
The Cost of Phone Data and internet in Phuket is around $15 to $35 per month with AIS, True move, or Dtac. I recommend AIS or True Move!
Is Phuket, Thailand, a good place to live?
Yes, Phuket, Thailand, is a great and safe place to Live! It is safer and more relaxed than living in the United States.
What is the Best time to Visit Phuket, Thailand?
The best time to visit Phuket is from October to March, This is the best time to do all of your activities!
What is the Worst time to Visit Phuket, Thailand?
The Wost time to visit Phuket, Thailand, is between June and October, the rainy monsoon season.
How Much Does Rent In Phuket, Thailand Cost?
The average monthly rent in Phuket, Thailand, for a furnished apartment in the city center is between THB 10,500-25,000 (~$318 – $801).
What are some of the most popular areas to live in Phuket?
The most popular areas to live in Phuket is Bangtao and Rawai; Karon is a popular region as it’s close to the city yet has its own feel. Phuket Town, Patong, and Kamala, Chalong are also popular choices due to their proximity to beaches, nightlife, and shopping malls.
Cost of living in Phuket Thailand Conclusion
We hope that you have found this blog post helpful! We have summarized the cost of living in Phuket, Thailand, and provided a table of expenses, information on rent, accommodation, food costs, and more!
We will be continually updating this blog post! Also, below are many excellent travel resources that will help you in your Journey around the world! If you have any questions, let’s talk in the comments below!
And We also made an entire article on the Cost of Living in Thailand!
If you are interested in Bangkok, then Click here for the Cost of Living in Bangkok Thailand
if you are interested in Chiang Mai then click here for the Cost of Living in Chiang Mai Thailand
Travel Resources and Reliable Sources For Thailand
- Travel Insurance: We always have travel insurance monthly for international trips and living abroad. We suggest that you also have it, just in case other digital nomads live abroad, and we always use SafetyWing for international travel insurance and medical concerns. SafetyWing is one of the few policies covering Covid-19, and they start at $42 a month! It’s incredible and always reliable! SafetyWing is perfect for Digital Nomads and long-term travelers!
- Heath and Safety: We use the travel guides on the CDC website to research recommended precautions.
- Official Thailand Tourism Board Tourist Friendly Site
If you want to keep up with our travels, go ahead and follow us on our travel page on Instagram @onelifepassport! Comment below what else you would like to know/see about our experiences traveling the world! Also, check out our YouTube Channel!
Check out our recent blog posts:
- MONTHLY COST Of Living In BRAZIL 2023 [BRAZIL Budget Guide]
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Fiji 2022 (Best Fiji Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Maldives 2022 (Best Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost of Living In Madagascar 2022 (Best Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Dubai, UAE 2022 (Dubai, UAE Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Seychelles 2022 (Seychelles Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Mauritius 2022 (Mauritius Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In the Philippines 2022 (Best Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Singapore 2022 (Singapore Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Tahiti French Polynesia 2022 (Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Moorea French Polynesia 2022
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Bora Bora, French Polynesia 2022
- 283 Best Things to Do In Bali Indonesia (Travel Guide)
- How To Get Around Bali 2022 (Best Bali Transportation Guide)
- Cost Of Living in Bali 2022 (Best Bali Indonesia Cost Guide)