Why Should You Move to Palau?
Hey Friends! The Cost Of Living In Palau makes it possible to Live For Around $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month. For a strict Budget vs a luxury Budget
This article will take you on a journey with Videos, a Table of expenses, and more to explore the costs of living in Palau, from housing and transportation to food and things to do here.
With our expert analysis and practical insights and personal experience in Palau, you’ll know what to expect when making the move to this unique and vibrant Country.
Whether you’re a digital nomad, Expat, Retiree, or just looking to experience Palau for a few months, our guide is designed to help you make the most of your budget with a range of expenses estimated to cost between $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month. Let’s get started!
If you’re considering a move to Palau, here are 7 reasons why you should move Here:
- Cost of Living: Palau is not as expensive as you might think. While the cost of living in Palau is higher than in other parts of the world, it is still cheaper than in many major cities worldwide and 2.5 times cheaper than in New York and California. The Average monthly cost of living, including rent, utilities, food, and transportation, ranges from $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month. A studio apartment in the city can cost as low as $400 per month, while a one-bedroom apartment can range from $600 to $1,000 per month.
- Nature and Outdoors: Palau is a tropical paradise with stunning natural beauty, boasting some of the world’s most beautiful and diverse marine life. The islands are home to over 500 species of coral and more than 1,300 species of fish, making it a world-renowned diving and snorkeling destination. The Rock Islands, a UNESCO World Heritage site, are an absolute must-see, with turquoise waters and limestone formations that are sure to take your breath away.
- Rich Culture and History: Palau is steeped in history, with its ancient culture still very much alive today. The islands are home to over 20,000 residents, with many of them retaining the traditional ways of life that have been passed down for generations. You can learn about the history and culture of Palau by visiting the Belau National Museum, which features exhibits on Palau’s traditional culture, natural history, and modern history.
- Quality of Life: Palau offers a high quality of life, with a relaxed pace of living and a strong sense of community. The islands have a small-town feel, and the locals are friendly and welcoming to visitors. The healthcare system in Palau is well-established and accessible, with one hospital and several clinics on the main island.
- Beautiful Beaches: The beaches in Palau are simply stunning, with crystal clear waters and pristine white sand. Whether you’re looking to relax and unwind, or enjoy some water sports like kayaking or paddleboarding, there is a beach for every occasion. Some of the best beaches in Palau include Ngermid Beach, Nikko Bay, and Long Island Park Beach.
- Safe Environment: Palau is considered one of the safest countries in the world, with a low crime rate and a peaceful way of life. The locals are respectful and friendly, and there is a strong sense of community and mutual respect. The small population of Palau means that everyone knows each other and has a strong sense of unity and shared values.
- Friendly Locals: The people of Palau are known for their warm hospitality and welcoming nature. The locals are friendly and always ready to help visitors, making it easy to feel at home in Palau. The community is tight-knit, and the locals take pride in their culture and way of life, which they are always happy to share with visitors.
- Natural Beauty: Palau’s natural beauty is one of its most captivating features. From the coral reefs to the limestone islands, the country is full of awe-inspiring landscapes that will take your breath away. Palau is a haven for nature lovers, with hiking, bird watching, and kayaking opportunities. Whether you’re exploring the lush forests or snorkeling in the crystal clear waters, Palau is a paradise for nature enthusiasts.
Table of Contents
Cost Of Living in Palau Quick Facts:
Here are some quick facts about the cost of living in Palau:
- Here’s a breakdown of some key expenses: Total Monthly Living Costs in Palau, Is $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month. For all expenses, and if you budget smartly, you can expect to spend $1800 to $2500 per month for all expenses.
- Palau, is 2.5 times cheaper than New York City, United States.
- Living well in Palau is possible with a monthly income of around $2500.
- The monthly rent, food budget, housing expenses, and transportation options in Palau are determined by your budget.
- To maintain the same standard of life as $10,000 in New York City, an estimated $4,300 is needed in Palau.
- On average, the cost of living in Palau, is 60% lower than in New York City, United States.
- On average, rent in Palau is 60% cheaper than in New York City, New York, USA.
- The costs of rent in Palau range from $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month. Depending on your budget.
- A budget food and grocery plan in Palau will cost around $262 – $905 per month, depending on location and budget.
- An estimated monthly cost for a family of four in Palau is $3900.
- An estimated monthly cost for a single person in Palau is $1,010 – 2,650.
- Transportation costs in Palau are estimated to be $30 – $550 per month.
- The average monthly cost of living in Palau for local natives is around $2700 and for some under $1000. Expats and digital nomads may spend more, $1500 – $3100 per month, to maintain their living standards in Palau. We spent around $1,230 – $3,000 monthly on all expenses.
Our Personal Costs of Living in Palau: Table of expenses Breakdown 2023
This Is a table of expenses of what we personally spent living as digital nomads every month in Palau. Sometimes, we spent less or more.
Our Average Monthly Costs In Palau, went as follows:
- Rent and Accommodation: Our monthly cost for rent and accommodation in Palau ranges from $500 to $1,200, depending on the location and type of apartment. If you’re looking for a studio apartment in the city, you can expect to pay around $400 to $700, while a one-bedroom apartment can cost between $600 to $1,000 per month. If you choose to live outside the city, you may be able to find a studio for $300 to $500 or a one-bedroom apartment for $500 to $800.
- Utilities: The cost of utilities in Palau, including electricity and water, usually ranges from $100 to $200 per month. However, this will depend on your usage and the size of your apartment.
- Gym: Our monthly gym membership cost in Palau is typically between $30 to $100. This will vary based on the gym you choose and the amenities that come with your membership.
- Food and Groceries: We typically spend between $400 to $700 per month on food and groceries in Palau. If you plan to eat out at restaurants frequently, this cost will be on the higher end. However, if you’re willing to cook at home and shop at local markets, you can save money on food expenses.
- Transportation: Our monthly transportation cost in Palau ranges from $50 to $100. Public transportation is limited, but you can use taxis, scooters or rent a car to get around the island.
- Activities, Leisure, and Entertainment: Our monthly cost for leisure and entertainment ranges from $100 to $500. This includes things like going out to bars and nightclubs, visiting tourist attractions, and participating in outdoor activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, and hiking.
- Health Insurance: Our monthly cost for health insurance in Palau is between $50 to $200. This cost will depend on the type of insurance plan you choose and the level of coverage you need.
- Overall, our total monthly expenses for living in Palau range from $1,230 to $3,000. This will depend on your lifestyle choices and the specific costs you incur. However, by being mindful of your spending and making smart choices, you can live comfortably on a budget in Palau.
Here is a table of Expenses for what we personally spent in Palau:
|Our Monthly Cost of Living In Palau||Cost (USD)|
|Our Monthly Cost of Rent and Accommodation||$500 – $1,200|
|Our Monthly Cost of Utilities||$100 – $200|
|Our Gym Cost per month in Palau||$30 – $100|
|Our Monthly Cost of Food and Groceries||$400 – $700|
|Our Monthly Cost of Transportation||$50 – $100|
|Our Monthly Cost of Activities, Leisure, Entertainment||$100 – $500|
|Our Monthly Cost of Health Insurance||$50 – $200|
|Our Monthly Cost of Living in Palau total expenses||$1,230 – $3,000|
Monthly Cost of Living in Palau Summary Cost Of Rent, Groceries, Transportation, Healthcare: $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month
You can live in Palau, for around $1,010 a month for all expenses on a tight budget or $5,650 a month if you want to live much more luxuriously. The Cost of living in Palau is from $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month.
You can still maintain a monthly budget and enjoy all the beautiful things Palau, offers.
Here is a breakdown of the costs:
- For a studio apartment, the cost ranges from $300 to $800 per month.
- For a 1 bedroom apartment, the cost ranges from $700 to $1,500 per month.
- For a 2 bedroom apartment, the cost ranges from $1,000 to $2,500 per month.
- For a 3 bedroom apartment, the cost ranges from $1,500 to $3,000 per month.
- The cost for electricity and water is between $100 to $400 per month.
- Mobile phone:
- The cost for a mobile phone plan with unlimited data and a Palau cell phone number ranges from $30 to $50 per month.
- The cost for wifi internet ranges from $30 to $100 per month.
- The cost of food, including groceries, dining out, and partying or nightlife, ranges from $300 to $1,000 per month.
- The cost of transportation, including public transport, taxis, scooters, or owning a car, ranges from $50 to $300 per month.
- Healthy activities:
- The cost of healthy activities, including gym memberships, martial arts or yoga classes, and massages, ranges from $100 to $500 per month.
- Health insurance:
- The cost of health insurance, using providers such as SafetyWing, World Nomads, or Medicare, ranges from $100 to $300 per month.
Overall, the total cost of living in Palau per month, including all expenses, ranges from $1,010 to $5,650.
A great monthly budget for a single person living in Palau, is around $2000 to $2500 monthly. You can also do it for cheaper.
The costs of living in Palau, Depending on various factors and spending habits, the price may change. Others spend $5200 or more each month for an extravagant, next-level lifestyle or even $1000 on the strictest budget staying in hostels, couchsurfing, and smaller studio apartments, ensuring they make it work no matter what!
- Expect to spend $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month. for a single person or a family living in Palau. $2500 per Month is sufficient to live on.
- Local Palau markets, Local Food trucks, Local food shops, and supermarkets are the most cost-effective and knowledgeable ways to shop and eat in Palau!
Here is a table of expenses for a couple living in Palau per month:
|Average Cost of Living In Palau||Cost in USD|
|Rent (Studio apartment)||$300 – $800|
|Rent (1 bedroom apartment)||$700 – $1,500|
|Rent (2 bedroom apartment)||$1,000 – $2,500|
|Rent (3 bedroom apartment)||$1,500 – $3,000|
|Utilities (electricity, water)||$100 – $400|
|Mobile phone (unlimited data plan, Sim Card, Palau cell)||$30 – $50|
|Internet (wifi)||$30 – $100|
|Food (groceries, dining out, Partying, nightlife)||$300 – $1,000|
|Transportation (Public transport, Taxi, Scooter, car)||$50 – $300|
|Healthy activities (gym, martial arts, yoga, massages)||$100 – $500|
|Health insurance (SafetyWing, World Nomads, or Medicare)||$100 – $300|
|Cost of Living In Palau Per Month Total Expenses||$1,010 – 5,650|
Cost of Living in Palau: Table of Expenses in 2023
This table of expenses will help you plan your budget for your move to Palau.
The Cost of living table below An extensive poll of Digital Nomads, Expats, travelers, our personal experience living Here, Locals, and Numbeo users were used to put this together.
The Palau Currency is in USD This estimate is based on a Strict Budget Vs. A luxury Budget in Palau per Month! The Cost Of Living Per Month In Palau, is $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month or more, depending on your spending habits!
Here is the Table of the monthly budget for two people living in Palau:
|Cost of Living in Palau per person||Cost in USD|
|Cost of living for a single person in Palau||$1,040 – $1,950|
|Cost of living for a couple in Palau||$1,565 – $2,775|
|Cost of living for a family of four in Palau||$2,930 – $5,550|
|Average Monthly Expenses in Palau||Cost in USD|
|Average monthly rent for a studio in Palau||$400 – $800|
|Average monthly cost for food and groceries in Palau||$300 – $500|
|Average monthly cost for dining out in Palau||$150 – $300|
|Average monthly cost for miscellaneous items||$100 – $200|
|Average monthly cost for utilities||$100 – $200|
|Average monthly cost for transportation||$50 – $100|
|Total average monthly cost of living in Palau||$1,100 – $2,100|
|Cost of Living in Palau Expenses||Cost (Monthly) in USD|
|Cost of Rent and Accommodation in Palau||$200 – $1200|
|Cost of Food and Groceries in Palau||$300 – $600|
|Cost of Utilities in Palau||$100 – $200|
|Cost of Public Transportation in Palau||$5 – $100|
|Cost of Private Transportation in Palau||$50 – $500|
|Cost of Healthcare in Palau||$50 – $100|
|Cost of Entertainment in Palau||$100 – $200|
|Cost of Clothing and Personal Items in Palau||$50 – $100|
|Cost of Activities and Excursions in Palau||$100 – $200|
Cost of Rent In Palau In-Depth Summary And Table of Expenses
The cost of accommodation in Palau is essential for many expats, retirees, digital nomads, and locals. It can vary depending on the apartment type and location you are looking for.
The cost of studio and one-bedroom apartments in Palau:
- Studio apartments in the city of Palau typically cost between $400 and $700 per month, while a studio apartment outside the city can be found for between $300 and $500 per month.
- One-bedroom apartments in the city of Palau generally cost between $600 and $1,000 per month, while a one bedroom apartment outside the city can be found for between $500 and $800 per month.
|Cost of a Apartment in Palau||Location||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Cost of a Studio in the city of Palau||City||$400 – $700|
|Cost of a Studio outside the city in Palau||Outside City||$300 – $500|
|Cost of a 1 bedroom in the city in Palau||City||$600 – $1,000|
|Cost of a 1 bedroom outside the city in Palau||Outside City||$500 – $800|
The Cost of 2 Bedroom Apartment in Palau:
- The cost of a 2 bedroom apartment in the city of Palau ranges from $800 to $1,500 per month.
- If you are looking for an apartment outside the city, the average cost is between $700 and $1,200 per month.
|Cost of a 2 bedroom Apartment in Palau||Location||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Cost of a 2 bedroom in the city in Palau||City||$800 – $1,500|
|Cost of a 2 bedroom outside the city in Palau||Outside City||$700 – $1,200|
The Cost of a 3 bedroom apartment in Palau:
- Cost of a 3 bedroom apartment in the city of Palau ranges from $1,200 to $2,500 per month.
- Cost of a 3 bedroom apartment outside the city of Palau ranges from $1,000 to $2,000 per month.
|Cost of a 3 bedroom Apartment in Palau||Location||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Cost of a 3 bedroom in the city in Palau||City||$1,200-$2,500|
|Cost of a 3 bedroom outside the city in Palau||Outside City||$1,000-$2,000|
The Cost of a Luxury Apartment in Palau per month:
- A luxury apartment in the city of Palau can cost between $3,000 and $5,000 per month. These apartments are typically located in the heart of the city, close to major amenities like restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues.
- A luxury apartment outside the city of Palau can cost between $2,500 and $4,500 per month. These apartments are typically located in quieter, more residential areas outside the city, but still offer high-end amenities and features.
|Cost of a Luxury Apartment in Palau||Location||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Cost of a Luxury apartment in the city of Palau||City||$3,000 – $5,000|
|Cost of a Luxury apartment outside the city of Palau||Outside City||$2,500 – $4,500|
Suppose you’re considering renting an apartment in Palau. In that case, your best bet is to opt for a monthly rental in person, via Facebook Marketplace, Real estate Palau rental group on Facebook, Booking.com, and Airbnb.
- To save money on your rental and daily expenses, consider looking for an apartment located in a neighborhood with access to local markets, gyms, and restaurants and short walking distances.
- You can also join Facebook groups such as “Digital Nomads in Palau” or “Expats in Palau” to connect with others and potentially find affordable rental options.
- Alternatively, consider staying at a Hostel, Airbnb, hotel monthly, homestay, guesthouse, or bed and breakfast for more affordable rates rather than a costly hotel or tourist location.
Monthly Rent in Palau: Table of Expenses in 2023
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of rent and Accommodation in Palau per month:
|Cost of Rent in Palau||Average Cost per Month (USD)|
|Studio apartment||$300 – $1000|
|2 bedroom apartment||$700 – $1500|
|3 bedroom apartment||$1200 – $2000|
|Luxury apartment||$2000 – $3000|
|Average Monthly Rent Expense in Palau||Average Monthly Rent in USD|
|Average monthly rent for a studio in Palau||$400 – $800|
|Average monthly rent for a 1 bedroom in Palau||$800 – $1,200|
|Average monthly rent for a 2 bedrooms in Palau||$1,000 – $1,800|
|Average monthly rent for a 3 bedrooms in Palau||$1,300 – $2,500|
Here is a table of estimated costs for rent and accommodation in Palau:
|Accommodation Type in Palau||Average Monthly Rent in USD|
|1 bedroom apartment in city center||$700 – $1200|
|1 bedroom apartment outside city center||$600 – $900|
|Studio apartment in city center||$500 – $1000|
|Studio apartment outside city center||$300 – $700|
|Shared room in city center||$300 – $500|
|Shared room outside city center||$200 – $300|
|Hotel room (3-star)||$30 – $100 per night|
|Hotel room (5-star)||$200 – $300 per night|
|2 bedroom apartment in city center||$900 – $1800|
|2 bedroom apartment outside city center||$700 – $1300|
|3 bedroom apartment in city center||$1500 – $3000|
|3 bedroom apartment outside city center||$1400 – $2500|
Living in Palau Credible Reliable Sources
Here is a list of Government resources for Visas, Cost of living in Palau, Tourism Boards, and more to help you with your potential move here! I hope this helps you all as you plan your move here!
- Here is a site to find Apartment rentals on Palau Rental Finder Facebook Group
- Palau Government Tourism Site: Palau Government Tourism Board
- Official Palau Tourism Board: Palau Tourism Board
- Palau Data from the World Bank and World Data
- Palau Embassy for more information like Visas and more from Palau Embassy
Cost Of Transportation In Palau Summary and Table of expenses
The average cost a traveler spends a day on transportation while in Palau, is $5 to $30 a day USD or $50 – $700 per month depending on if you use transport by Bus, ferries, have your own scooter, or rent a car.
Here are different methods of public transport you can do in Palau:
- Bus (Local): If you’re looking for an affordable way to get around town, local buses are your best option. The cost ranges from $1.00 to $2.00 USD, making it a great choice for budget-conscious travelers.
- Bus (Long-Distance): If you plan to travel between cities or towns, long-distance buses are available in Palau. Expect to pay $5.00 to $10.00 USD for a one-way ticket.
- Taxi (City): Taxis are a convenient mode of transportation in Palau. City taxi fares range from $5.00 to $10.00 USD, depending on the distance you’re traveling.
- Taxi (Long-Distance): If you’re looking to travel between towns, a long-distance taxi may be your best option. The fare typically ranges from $15.00 to $20.00 USD.
- Rental Car (Compact): If you prefer to have your own transportation, renting a car in Palau is an excellent option. Compact cars can be rented for $35.00 to $60.00 USD per day, depending on the season and the rental company.
- Rental Car (Luxury): If you want to cruise around Palau in style, luxury car rentals are available. Expect to pay around $50.00 to $100.00 USD per day, depending on the type of car and the rental company.
- Bicycle: Some accommodations in Palau offer free bike rentals for their guests, and other places rent bicycles for as little as $2.00 per day. Exploring Palau on a bike is a great way to experience the island’s beauty at your own pace.
- Scooter: Scooter rentals are available in Palau, and they’re a popular way to get around the island. Expect to pay $5.00 to $20.00 USD per day, depending on the rental company and the type of scooter.
- Ferry (Inter-Island): If you want to explore some of the other islands in Palau, ferries are available. The cost ranges from $2.00 to $20.00 USD, depending on the distance you’re traveling.
It’s worth noting that public transportation options in Palau are limited, so renting a scooter might be necessary for some travelers. For those who prefer biking, there are a number of scenic bike routes throughout Palau. Ferries are also available for those who wish to explore the surrounding islands.
Here is a detailed table of estimated costs for public transportation in Palau:
|Transportation Option||Average Cost in USD|
|Bus (Local)||$1.00 – $2.00|
|Bus (Long-Distance)||$5.00 – $10.00|
|Taxi (City)||$5.00 – $10.00|
|Taxi (Long-Distance)||$15.00 – $20.00|
|Rental Car (Compact)||$35.00 – $60.00/day|
|Rental Car (Luxury)||$50.00 – $100.00 per day|
|Bicycle||Free – $2.00 per day|
|Scooter||$5.00 – $20.00 per day|
|Ferry (Inter-Island)||$2.00 – $20.00|
Additionally, here are some other related expenses:
- Gasoline (1 gallon): around $4 – $5 per gallon.
|Monthly Cost Of Gas and Petrol For Scooter in Palau||Cost in USD|
|Average monthly cost for gasoline, Petrol for scooter||$32 – $110|
Ultimately, we recommend renting a Scooter or Bicycle This will give you the best experience, and you can explore Palau this way.
Cost of Food and Markets In Palau Explained: Table Of Expenses 2023
The average cost of food per day in Palau is about $10 to $30 per day or $265 to $925 per month.
Another great option is to shop at the local markets for affordable fresh food and cook meals at home.
But if you eat at local food stalls and supermarkets around your area, you’re looking to spend around $265 or more on food per Month.
The average monthly cost of food in Palau is as follows:
- Local food: Palau offers a variety of local food options at a reasonable price. You can find dishes like coconut crab, taro, breadfruit, and fish. The cost of local food averages around $150 to $300 per month.
- Mid-range restaurants:These restaurants are a bit more expensive than local food and the average monthly cost is around $250 to $500.
- Fine dining restaurants: For those who want to splurge on fancy food, Palau has several fine dining restaurants. These restaurants offer a unique dining experience, and the average monthly cost is around $400 to $1000.
- Groceries: If you prefer to cook your meals, grocery stores in Palau offer a range of products from fresh fruits and vegetables to meat and dairy products. The average monthly cost for groceries is around $250 to $300.
- Supermarkets (imported goods): Palau also has several supermarkets that offer imported goods. These products are usually more expensive than locally sourced items, with prices ranging from $10 to $50 per item.
- Street food: Street food in Palau is a popular option and offers a range of local delicacies at an affordable price. The average monthly cost of street food is around $200 to $300.
- Specialty food stores: Specialty food stores in Palau offer a range of unique and imported products that can be quite expensive. These products include organic foods, supplements, and speciality ingredients. The average monthly cost of these stores is around $200 to $400.
Overall Monthly Cost of Food: Based on the above expenses, the overall monthly cost of food in Palau ranges from $300 to $800.
Here is a table of expenses for the Cost of Food in Palau per month:
|Food Expense||Average Monthly Cost (USD)|
|Local food||$150 – $300|
|Mid-range restaurants||$250 – $500|
|Fine dining restaurants||$400 – $1000|
|Groceries||$250 – $300|
|Supermarkets (imported goods)||$10 – $50 per item|
|Street food||$200 – $300|
|Specialty food stores||$200 – $400|
|Overall Monthly Cost of Food||$300 – $800|
|Average Monthly Food Costs in Palau||USD|
|Local Food Markets, Street food and Local Supermarkets and cheaper dining options||$250 – $700|
|Eating out at Mid range restaurants and expensive restaurants per month (No Budget)||$700 – $1000+|
Here is an example table of expenses for the average monthly food and grocery costs in Palau:
|Monthly Food Expenses in Palau||USD|
|Average monthly cost for groceries||$250 – $600|
|Average monthly cost for dining out||$50 – $300|
|Average monthly cost for miscellaneous food items||$50 – $100|
|Total average monthly cost for food in Palau||$300 – $800|
Here is a table of estimated costs for food and Groceries in supermarkets in Palau:
|Cost Of food and Groceries In a Supermarket||Estimated Cost (USD)|
|Milk (1 liter)||$0.75 – $1.25|
|Bread (500g loaf)||$1.00 – $2.00|
|Rice (1kg)||$1.00 – $2.50|
|Chicken (1kg)||$3.00 – $6.00|
|Apples (1kg)||$1.50 – $3.00|
|Oranges (1kg)||$1.50 – $3.00|
|Eggs (1 dozen)||$1.50 – $3.00|
|Cheese (1kg)||$5.00 – $10.00|
|Beef (1kg)||$5.00 – $10.00|
|Potatoes (1kg)||$0.50 – $1.50|
|Tomatoes (1kg)||$1.00 – $2.50|
|Onion (1kg)||$0.75 – $1.50|
|Water (1.5 liter bottle)||$0.75 – $1.50|
|Soft drink (1.5 liter bottle)||$1.50 – $3.00|
|Beer (330ml bottle)||$0.75 – $2.50|
|Wine (mid-range bottle)||$10.00 – $20.00|
|Fast food meal||$4.00 – $8.00|
|Restaurant meal (mid-range)||$10.00 – $25.00|
Here is a table of some popular local food in Palau:
|Local and Traditional Palauan Food||Description||Estimated Cost (USD)|
|Bai||A thick soup made with root vegetables, coconut milk, and chicken or fish||$6 – $12|
|Ulkoy||Deep-fried taro fritters, often served with a spicy coconut milk dipping sauce||$2- $4|
|Kelechekel||A stew made with taro, sweet potato, and other vegetables, often with a sour flavor from tamarind or lime juice||$6 – $10|
|Katelraib||Fish soup made with coconut milk, lemon grass, garlic, and ginger||$8 – $15|
|Kilaw||Raw fish salad, typically made with tuna or mahi-mahi, mixed with lime juice, coconut milk, chili peppers, and onions||$10 – $20|
|Saksak||A dessert made with grated cassava, coconut milk, and sugar, often served in banana leaf packets||$2 – $4|
|Palauan Ceviche||Raw fish marinated in lime juice and mixed with onions, tomatoes, and other vegetables||$10 – $20|
|Chicken Kelaguen||Grilled chicken mixed with coconut milk, lemon juice, onions, and chili peppers||$8 – $15|
|Tama||A dessert made from glutinous rice, coconut milk, and sugar, often wrapped in banana leaves and steamed||$2 – $4|
|Palauan Fried Rice||Fried rice mixed with egg, onions, and sometimes Spam||$4 – $8|
Cost of Utilities in Palau Summary and Table of Expenses 2023
The cost of utilities in Palau can vary significantly depending on the location and the individual’s energy consumption habits:
- You can expect to pay around $40 to $100 per month for basic utilities such as electricity and gas.
- Water bills typically range from $30 to $70 per month.
- You can expect to pay around $70 to $100 per month if you want broadband Internet.
- A prepaid mobile phone sim card will cost you $10 to $25 per month.
- If you opt for a postpaid Palau Cell plan, expect to pay around $50 to $80 per month.
- You can expect to pay around $60 to $100 monthly for unlimited mobile data.
- Overall, the total average monthly cost for utilities in Palau is typically around $100 to $250.
Here is an example table of expenses for the average monthly utilities in Palau:
|Monthly Cost of Utilities in Palau||Estimated Monthly Cost (USD)|
|Basic electricity/gas||$40 – $100|
|Water||$30 – $70|
|Internet (Broadband)||$70 – $100|
|Mobile phone sim card (Prepaid)||$10 – $25|
|Mobile phone plan (Postpaid Palau Cell)||$50 – $80|
|Mobile phone plan (Unlimited data)||$60 – $100|
|Total average monthly cost for utilities in Palau||$100 – $250|
Leisure, Activities and Things to do in Palau
Palau is a beautiful island located in the western Pacific Ocean, with a rich history and culture.
Palau offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors. Some of the top things to do include exploring the beautiful beaches, going snorkeling or scuba diving in the crystal clear waters, visiting the Rock Islands and Jellyfish Lake, and taking a cultural tour to learn about the traditional practices and customs of the Palauan people.
Here are the 17 things to do in Palau:
- Snorkel or dive in Jellyfish Lake
- Swim in the famous Rock Islands
- Explore the Palau World War II Museum
- Take a boat tour of the Rock Islands a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the Belau National Museum
- Hike the Palau Challenge
- Visit the famous Ngardmau Waterfall
- Explore the ancient Bai ra Omsachel Stone Monoliths
- Visit the Big Drop-Off for some amazing diving
- Take a kayaking tour of the Rock Islands
- Visit the Milky Way
- Go on a bird watching tour
- Take a tour of the Babeldaob Island
- Go on a cultural tour of the villages
- Swim with manta rays at German Channel
- Experience the unique Palauan cuisine
- Watch the traditional Palauan dance performances.
- Checkout Koror the capital of Palau
For more things to do In Palau Checkout Viator Here for 1000s of activities and guided tours!
Healthcare Costs in Palau
Medical care in Palau is great and provides thesame Medical Care as they would in Mainland USA as it is a United States Territory.
SafetyWing Insurance is an innovative travel insurance solution designed for travelers, digital nomads, and remote workers. Whether you’re on a gap year, working abroad, or traveling for business, SafetyWing offers a comprehensive coverage plan to keep you protected and secure during your journey.
Here are just a few reasons why you should try SafetyWing Insurance for your next trip:
- Global Coverage: SafetyWing insurance covers you anywhere in the world, including countries that many other insurance companies exclude.
- Affordable: SafetyWing offers affordable insurance options that are more cost-effective than many other travel insurance plans.
- Easy to Use: With SafetyWing, you can sign up, manage your policy, and file claims all from the comfort of your phone or computer.
- Wide Range of Coverage: SafetyWing offers coverage for a variety of events, including medical emergencies, trip cancellations, lost or stolen property, and more.
- 24/7 Support: SafetyWing provides 24/7 support to its customers, so you can get help when you need it, no matter where you are in the world.
We suggest you also have it, especially if you live as an expat and digital nomad in Palau. We always use SafetyWing for international travel insurance and medical concerns. They start at $42 a month! It’s incredible and always reliable!
Main FAQS Section About Palau:
What is the monthly cost of living in Palau?
The cost of living in Palau on average, is around $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month. This includes rent, food, transportation, and other costs like utilities and phone bills.
What is the Cost Of Living in Palau Vs USA?
The Cost Of Living in Palau is around 60% less than living in New York City, USA, and the average monthly Cost of living in Palau is $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month. in Palau vs $5500 to $10390 per month living in New York City, United States.
What is the Cost of Accommodation in Palau?
The Cost of Accommodation in Palau costs around $300 to $3000 per month.
What is the best time of year to visit Palau?
The best time to visit Palau is during the dry season, which runs from November to April.
How Much does it cost to live in Palau?
On average, living in Palau costs around $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month.
What is the Cost of Utilities in Palau?
The Utilities in Palau Cost around $100 to $300 per month, depending on your energy consumption!
What is the Cost of Food in Palau vs USA?
The Cost Of Food in Palau is 50% less than in New York, United States. Monthly Food Costs in Palau is from $255 to $845 per month.
What is the Cost Of Rent in Palau VS USA?
The Cost of Rent in Palau is 60% less Than in New York, United States A 1 bedroom apartment in Palau costs $60 to $1200 per month on average, and 1 bedroom Apartment in New York City, United States, Costs over $2892 per month.
What is the Food Expenses In Palau?
The Food expenses in Palau is from $255 to $875 per month. Make sure to eat the local Food, local Food markets and supermarkets to save money.
What is the Rental Expenses In Palau?
The monthly rent for a 1-bedroom in Palau is from $600 to $1550.
What is the Expenses for a Single Person in Palau?
The Expenses for a Single Person in Palau is from $1,010 – 5,650 Per Month for all expenses.
What is the average cost of Rent In Palau?
The Average cost of rent in Palau is around $300 to $2000 Per Month in Palau.
What is the average Cost of Transportation In Palau?
The average cost of transportation in Palau is about $5 – $30 USD per day or $20 to $700 per month Depending if you use a Bus, Scooter or a personal car.
What is the Cost of Mobile Phone SIM and Internet Data In Palau?
The Cost of Phone Data and internet from in Palau is around $25 to $120 per month and the phone plan provider is called Palau Cell.
What is the Cost of Food in Palau?
The Cost of Food in Palau costs around $250 to $875 per month; try to eat at the local restaurants and street food for the best and cheapest food to stay on budget!
Is Palau a good place to live?
Yes, Palau is a great and safe Country. Palau Is also one of the safest countries in the world to Live, but of course, you always need to watch what you are doing and keep safety top of mind as you would anywhere in the world.
Is it expensive to live in Palau?
No, it isn’t expensive to Live in Palau you can expect to spend $1,100 to $2000 per month if you live on a budget and don’t do tourist things. I recommend you rent a studio, eat local food, rent a bicycle or scooter, and shop at the local markets. If you do this you will save a lot of money!
What is the average salary in Palau?
A person working in Palau typically earns around 2,700 USD per month if they have a good job, but a lot of the Citizens make around $500 to $1000 per month.
What is a good salary to live in Palau?
A great Salary to live on in Palau is around $1500 – $3000 per month. This will cover all expenses.
Cost Of Living in Palau Conclusion
We hope that you have found this blog post helpful! We have summarized the cost of living in Palau and provided a table of expenses, provided information on rent, accommodation, food costs, and more from our time living there as digital nomads! We will be continually updating this blog post! Also, below are many excellent travel resources that will help you in your Journey around the world!
Travel Resources and Reliable Sources For Palau
Check out our recent blog posts:
- MONTHLY COST Of Living In TONGA 2023 [Expat Budget Guide]
- COST Of Living in New Caledonia 2023 [Noumea Budget Guide]
- MONTHLY COST Of Living In Vanuatu 2023 [Expat Budget Guide]
- COST Of Living In Papua New Guinea 2023 [Monthly Budget Guide]
- MONTHLY COST of Living In GUAM 2023 [Expat Budget Guide]
- COST Of Living In AUCKLAND New Zealand 2023 [Budget Guide]
- Monthly COST Of Living In NEW ZEALAND 2023 [Budget Guide]
- Monthly COST Of Living In Saudi Arabia 2023 [Expat Budget Guide]
- COST Of Living In Tokyo Japan 2023 [TOKYO Budget Guide]
- Monthly COST Of Living In Japan 2023 [JAPAN Budget Guide]
- MONTHLY Cost Of Living in Doha Qatar 2023 (QATAR Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living in Bangkok Thailand 2022 (Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living in Phuket Thailand 2023 (Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living in Thailand 2023 (BEST Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Fiji 2023 (Best Fiji Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Maldives 2023 (Best Budget Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Dubai, UAE 2023 (Dubai, UAE Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In the Philippines 2023 (Best Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Singapore 2023 (Singapore Budget Tips)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Tahiti French Polynesia 2023 (Travel Guide)
- Monthly Cost Of Living In Bora Bora, French Polynesia 2023
- Cost Of Living in Bali 2023 (Best Bali Indonesia Cost Guide)